Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

February 2022 Ordered and Estimated Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well damn that is what I was going to do!
Now not only do we need to wonder if the charger is there..... Ive heard a lot are missing the freaking charging port. Do you know if yours has it? Its either that or carriers issues that is driving mine back. Ive had a vin since 5/7 and a 4 day window but pushed back 3 times already and probably not the last. Ive been called once by a SA and they said usually by this time they can see the car info and final delivery but he could not. I didn't even ask as I dont trust what they say so maybe since they offered that was the truth who knows.

Now not only do we need to wonder if the charger is there..... Ive heard a lot are missing the freaking charging port. Do you know if yours has it? Its either that or carriers issues that is driving mine back. Ive had a vin since 5/7 and a 4 day window but pushed back 3 times already and probably not the last. Ive been called once by a SA and they said usually by this time they can see the car info and final delivery but he could not. I didn't even ask as I dont trust what they say so maybe since they offered that was the truth who knows.
No I have no clue if mine has the charging point. It sounds like to me yours is a carrier issue. I think most people with the charging post problem get bumped by 1 day at a time and their car is at the dealership.

Post #27

Perfect, it worked!

I couldn't stand it anymore.. I just changed from MYLR to MYP... Got the old price of $63990. Great savings vs the new price! Hope I can take delivery soon.

Date is still Sept 10 to Nov 5 but probably going to change soon.

Ok so now the big question.. The auto insurance. Can I use my insurance from my existing car or do I need to have them activate it and the proof has to show tesla with the VIN #?

Also, if thats too much a hassle, can I get the tesla insurance for a few days, take delivery and then cancel it? Is that a good route to go?

Interesting.. I tried to order the tesla insurance and it just says I have to wait until I get a delivery date. Wouldnt let me purchase it.

Is the insurance not required until delivery date? I'll try to get my state farm insurance to add it to the VIN.
Technically you don’t have to do it until you have a delivery date. But I would not wait. I found out Hartford would not underwrite an EV. So I had to change all of my insurance. I had been with them over 15 years. I don’t think I could have done that in a short time. No surprises sure. But it’s not always easy. And they wrote the policy closer to June and said I can change if delayed. I ended up with State Farm. Pleased with their EV rates compared to others. And they were competitive for all my needs.

Technically you don’t have to do it until you have a delivery date. But I would not wait. I found out Hartford would not underwrite an EV. So I had to change all of my insurance. I had been with them over 15 years. I don’t think I could have done that in a short time. No surprises sure. But it’s not always easy. And they wrote the policy closer to June and said I can change if delayed. I ended up with State Farm. Pleased with their EV rates compared to others. And they were competitive for all my needs.
I switched from Farm Bureau to Geico for my Tesla. Much cheaper than covering my Audi with Farm Bureau.