Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

February 9, 2022 drone, blue semi circles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Makes sense....
The blue tape semi-circles seem to me to be the range for sensors to detect a fob/card/phone (f/c/p) that is linked to the vehicle, and then allow the buttons/latches/handles to go to the "interactive level.
When the f/c/p remains stopped in the semi-circle for a brief period of time the doors may pop open (or just present the handles).
The Frunk and tailgate Semi-circles may just allow the latches to be operated which would be a good security aspect. Or if the f/c/p comes to rest the frunk may pop open. And the two at the corner could allow the operation of the tonneau cover of the vault.
BUT ALSO, the vehicle may respond to voice commands concerning all of these issues if an f/c/p is in the semi-circle.

NOT there to prevent the vehicle bumping in to anything or they would be a buffer at the corners.

I have no real facts on the issue, but it makes more sense than anything I have read.

Makes sense....
The blue tape semi-circles seem to me to be the range for sensors to detect a fob/card/phone (f/c/p) that is linked to the vehicle, and then allow the buttons/latches/handles to go to the "interactive level.
When the f/c/p remains stopped in the semi-circle for a brief period of time the doors may pop open (or just present the handles).
The Frunk and tailgate Semi-circles may just allow the latches to be operated which would be a good security aspect. Or if the f/c/p comes to rest the frunk may pop open. And the two at the corner could allow the operation of the tonneau cover of the vault.
BUT ALSO, the vehicle may respond to voice commands concerning all of these issues if an f/c/p is in the semi-circle.

NOT there to prevent the vehicle bumping in to anything or they would be a buffer at the corners.

I have no real facts on the issue, but it makes more sense than anything I have read.
Evidently I did such a good job analyzing and writing about this that everyone is dumbfounded.

• Funny
Reactions: Ogre
The FOB card, and phone act a bit differently. Or at least the card does, you have to tap on the side panel unless they added a transmitter to it.

Not sure about the FOB, I thought you had to push the buttons, but thinking on it there is probably a transmitter in those too.

On the Model X, the door presents a little bit when you approach, then pops fully open when you are very close. This could be similar. The blue ring would be “Open Door Fully” proximity.

• Informative
Reactions: lafrisbee