Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Federal EV coming this budget 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know how the incentive would apply for Ontario for purchase?

For example, is it?

Base Price $ 53,700.00
Incentives -$ 5,000.00
Delivery $ 1,300.00
Registration $ 200.00
Subtotal $ 50,200.00
HST $ 56,726.00

Or the $5k incentives is send back to you at a later date?

It has been said it would be applied after taxes.

Base Price $ 53,700.00
Delivery $ 1,300.00
Registration $ 200.00
Subtotal $ 55,200.00
HST $ 62,376.00
Incentives -$ 5,000.00
Total $ 57,376.00

They won't miss a chance to collect those taxes ;)

QC rebate is send back later, so you have to front the 8k$ if you want a smaller loan / smaller monthly payments. No official word on Federal rebate yet, but I assume it will be the same for Tesla, even if federal website says it is applied by the dealer.

Previous Ontario rebate program was rebate after purchase+tax. Buy car from Tesla at normal price, pay tax, then gov. sent a rebate for the program amount.
Here are some screen shots of my info when I did it last year with the Ontario rebate.

upload_2019-5-1_10-5-27.png

upload_2019-5-1_10-7-50.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-1_10-7-41.png
    upload_2019-5-1_10-7-41.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
According to a comment on Facebook from someone who spoke to Tesla, the Federal rebate can't be applied by them since they are not a dealer and must be requested by the buyer after the purchase.

Important. Tesla n’a pas de concessionnaire (ce qui est une bonne chose) mais ils n’ont pas le droit d’appliquer le rabais sur le prix de vente. Bref vous recevrez 13 000$ par la poste que vous pourrez appliquer sur le prêt mais malheureusement cela ne réduira pas les mensualités et ça c’est un élément qui fait mal pour plusieurs.

• Informative
Reactions: Vawlkus
Anyone know how much it cost to upgrade from the Standard Range to Standard Range Plus without Autopilot?
That's not the way it works.

First of all, autopilot is now included in the price for free.

Secondly, they took the Standard Range off the online menu. The way to get a base price Model 3, as far as I can tell, is to order the Standard Range Plus, and then downgrade after placing the order. Tesla originally said the Standard Range would have a cloth seat interior, but those being delivered are the Standard Range Plus interior, with some software limitations.

I think getting under 45K would be fairly simple. Offer a software locked SLR (Stupidly Low Range) version for 5k less. Say a 150 km range. Allow the Consumer to upgrade after the sale to the 354km range for 5K. They could do this before or after they receive their rebate. I doubt there would be many that would not opt to upgrade. At a price of 42,600, they would have some colour chooses.

Tesla sneaks past Canada EV incentive law with cheap 93-mile-range Model 3

I called Tesla just now to ask about how the crippled SR can be upgraded to a standard offering SR. They currently do not have this information and are waiting for details from Tesla HQ.

Just another case of Tesla HQ making changes and not informing their staff.
It’s more that it’s an offer they don’t want people to go for, in order to have the rebate available for the SR+.

• Informative
Reactions: ATC@LWSK
I called Tesla just now to ask about how the crippled SR can be upgraded to a standard offering SR. They currently do not have this information and are waiting for details from Tesla HQ.

Just another case of Tesla HQ making changes and not informing their staff.

It’s more that it’s an offer they don’t want people to go for, in order to have the rebate available for the SR+.

Yeah, I think they are probably keeping tight lipped about the option to upgrade for a fee, because that will make it pretty easy for the government to disqualify them from the program.....because they could do the same thing with any of their cars: buy a crippled P100DL for 44,999 that has 10km of EV range and does 0-60 in 1 minute....but then pay $140k to 'upgrade' it to full performance...where does it end? For now, I think they will keep the 'upgrade' off the books for a little while at least :)

Reactions: duanra

I agree with Vawlkus, I think Tesla created the CAD44999 only to satisfy the goverment requirements, and not really sell it. That’s why it’s crippled, so noone would want it. But, it makes the SR+ eligible too. Good move and I am thankful Tesla did it. For me, this is the final piece I needed to order the SR+ today.

I agree with Vawlkus, I think Tesla created the CAD44999 only to satisfy the goverment requirements, and not really sell it. That’s why it’s crippled, so noone would want it. But, it makes the SR+ eligible too. Good move and I am thankful Tesla did it. For me, this is the final piece I needed to order the SR+ today.
That's pretty f'd up that the presence of one car makes a different one qualify.

Reactions: Vawlkus and Gen3