Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feedback on ordering options/preferences/timing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My perfect Model 3 would be:

- RWD (Don't need AWD in Florida)
- White Interior
- Full $7,500 tax credit

It seems to me that Tesla is going to hit the limit of number of vehicles delivered for the full rebate this next quarter (sometime between July and September), which would mean one has to take delivery before the end of the year in order to qualify for the full credit. My delivery windows are 2-4 months if I buy Performance and 3-5 months if I buy RWD. If I understand this correctly, I need to order now in order to ensure I get the full tax credit.

Since the only way for me to order white interior is to buy the Performance version, it seems like my options are:

- Buy the Performance version (perhaps without the extra $5k package to make it a bit cheaper) to ensure I get the white interior ($71,500 with Autopilot)
- Buy the standard with black interior and hope that in the time between order and delivery, the white interior will become available for non-performance and I'll be able to change my order ($55,000 with Autopilot)

It would be nice to get the white and a nice plus to have the performance, but $16,500 more? Seems like too much.

What do you guys think?

Will a white or light interior be available for the AWD? Any word on when? I am not keen on black.

I want to save $ so performance version is out for me.

Sadly not. I wanted white too, but ordered AWD with black interior as the current delivery window for AWD (Sep~Nov) doesn't give me much confidence of being able to get one by the end of the year with white interior.

Will waiting for white interior mean possible loss of the federal tax incentive ?
If you believe the delivery windows in the configurator, then I think the answer is yes. I think Q4 will be the last quarter with the full incentive, and if the delivery window is 4-6 months, you basically have to order now.

But of course everything could change with one Elon tweet... ;-)