Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feedback on potential sale of 2017 Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was wondering if I could get some feedback/advice on potentially selling my Model X. Love the vehicle but I'm working from home and it just sits in the garage most of the time. Located west of Houston.

Here are the basics:
2017 Model X 100D
Took delivery in December 2017
5 seater with the non-leather interior (does not have premium upgrade package)
13,500 miles (first year service done)
Blue with chrome delete (front windows were tinted)
Ceramic coating and Xpel clear bra
Has after-market 20" wheels (would include Tesla wheels)
Tow package added
Tesla all-weather floor mats
Signature wall charger (new as I still haven't opened the box)
MCU was replaced/upgraded in April 2018
Includes 4-year extended service agreement

I think that's all the relevant information.

What do you think is a fair price? And where have people had the best success selling their Teslas?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• AlGPrhKA5555.jpeg
    AlGPrhKA5555.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 100
  • zoHYTMrg4444.jpeg
    zoHYTMrg4444.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 83
Sounds like you covered a fair bit of driving in one year... just below average.

The 5-seaters take longer to sell, as most want 6 or 7 seats in this price range. The mods will limit your pool of interested candidates even further... best advice is to check what comparable 2018 vehicles are selling for with discounts on www.ev-cpo.com and price yours at a 10% discount from there. Price it too high, and people will go generally opt for new since they can be leased as well.

Hope this helps!

People had good luck selling to vroom.com. Of course if your price is good, list it here and it’ll sell as well. But as the person above me said, it being a 5 seater is the most impacting factor for you

I just started looking at used Model X's.
What don't I get if this car does not have PUP?
Also the seats are a big deal. If this car has fold flat 2nd row seats you should mention that.

So it's a bit of a stripper in the sense it is not a P and has no PUP which is actually a selling point since it should be lower price. What's the price. I don't like ad's that don't show the price.

Car also good because it has the 100 kwh battery not the 90 which has a bad reputation (whether it is true or not). I know I steer away from 90's because they "supposedly" have more rapid range loss.

What do the stock wheels look like? I'm generally not a fan of aftermarket wheels on Tesla's.

That does help. Thank you!

Thanks. I never knew about this site. This will help give me a better idea on what I should be expecting.

People had good luck selling to vroom.com. Of course if your price is good, list it here and it’ll sell as well. But as the person above me said, it being a 5 seater is the most impacting factor for you

Perfect. I'll see what I get through vroom.com. I guess I didn't think ahead when buying the 5-seater. But I also never thought I would be selling it! Thanks for the tip.

I just started looking at used Model X's.
What don't I get if this car does not have PUP?
Also the seats are a big deal. If this car has fold flat 2nd row seats you should mention that.

So it's a bit of a stripper in the sense it is not a P and has no PUP which is actually a selling point since it should be lower price. What's the price. I don't like ad's that don't show the price.

Car also good because it has the 100 kwh battery not the 90 which has a bad reputation (whether it is true or not). I know I steer away from 90's because they "supposedly" have more rapid range loss.

What do the stock wheels look like? I'm generally not a fan of aftermarket wheels on Tesla's.

There is no price because, like the title of the post said, I am just looking for some feedback. There are lots of listings on here and most (according to the comments) have too high of a price tag. People on here seem brutally honest about what each car is worth. Figured it was a good place to start. I will remove this thread and list the car when I figure out a good price.

There is no price because, like the title of the post said, I am just looking for some feedback..

Just ran KBB. used LA zip. gave u credit for very good condition.
trade in value = 86055$
private party seller= 90297$

Most here discredit KBB. I've found if they are selling they say KBB is too low. If they are buying they say KBB is too high. My experience is it's a pretty decent number.

What's your reaction there ice cube. I'm guessing you think the KBB numbers are too low.

Just ran KBB. used LA zip. gave u credit for very good condition.
trade in value = 86055$
private party seller= 90297$

Most here discredit KBB. I've found if they are selling they say KBB is too low. If they are buying they say KBB is too high. My experience is it's a pretty decent number.

What's your reaction there ice cube. I'm guessing you think the KBB numbers are too low.

I think the KBB values are a good guide and starting point. After that, it gets a bit confusing based on the demand for certain features. People want 6 or 7 seaters more than 5 seaters. Some want the PUP...some don't care (I purchased this when I live in AZ so didn't really have a use for some of the premium upgrades). The extended service agreement, coating, and clear bra are a very nice additions, but the supercharging won't transfer. So there are a lot of factors involved that will raise/lower the price. I am getting a cash price from vroom.com and two different trade-in numbers. If it doesn't make sense, I'll keep it. But my wife would rather a less expensive car just sit in our garage now that I'm working from home.

Looks like there's 1, 100D on ev-cpo @93K. that tends to back up KBB
That CPO price depends on how long it is on the Tesla website for sale as Tesla drops the price every day until sold plus they include a CPO warranty which is comparable in value to the $5k extended warranty. KBB values are based on asking prices not sales prices and with the comparatively very small number of Teslas for sale they are not an accurate place to look. Tesla CPO numbers are a better indication if you look at the sold units and then deduct the $5k value of their included warranties.

That CPO price depends on how long it is on the Tesla website for sale as Tesla drops the price every day until sold plus they include a CPO warranty which is comparable in value to the $5k extended warranty. KBB values are based on asking prices not sales prices and with the comparatively very small number of Teslas for sale they are not an accurate place to look. Tesla CPO numbers are a better indication if you look at the sold units and then deduct the $5k value of their included warranties.

Good point. Though I think the fact that my MX has a service warranty through December 2025 negates the $5K added value on the CPO comparisons. I appreciate everyone's input! I'll list it soon.