Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feedback on these 20" wheels and 20" in general?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am ready to order my new model S, but I do not like my wheel options. So, I have decided to stay with the standard Wheels and get an aftermarket solution. I am torn between 19 and 20 inches.

I do not care for performance, but I am looking for a good balance between comfort, wear and looks. I could live with 19 inch if I find the right design, but I have fallen in love with these 20 inch wheels (see below, specifically for Tesla apparently). I don't want to be buying a new set of tires every year and I want a reasonable amount of comfort, so should I stick with 19's or will 20 inches not be such a compromise and comfort and wear?

Attachments

• IMG_3109.PNG
    IMG_3109.PNG
    724.4 KB · Views: 146
I did the same thing - I started with 19's then switched to 20's. I ran the 19's for about 20k miles, and have about 15k on the 20's. I went with Avant Gard M610's rims with a square setup of michelin pilot 245/40's .

What I noticed right away after the switch to the 20's was a tighter feel to cornering ( less of a sway feeling ) . Also the road noise increased from the prior michelin green tires to the pilots.

I would still do the switch - I enjoy the lower profile side wall look and performance. And for the noise , I just bump the stereo volume up a couple clicks.