TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Feedback on these 20" wheels and 20" in general?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Jazzinc, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Jazzinc

Jazzinc Member

I am ready to order my new model S, but I do not like my wheel options. So, I have decided to stay with the standard Wheels and get an aftermarket solution. I am torn between 19 and 20 inches.

I do not care for performance, but I am looking for a good balance between comfort, wear and looks. I could live with 19 inch if I find the right design, but I have fallen in love with these 20 inch wheels (see below, specifically for Tesla apparently). I don't want to be buying a new set of tires every year and I want a reasonable amount of comfort, so should I stick with 19's or will 20 inches not be such a compromise and comfort and wear?

Attached Files:

2. Jazzinc

Jazzinc Member

No feedback on driving with 19s vs 20s on the model s?

3. mobe

mobe Member

I have the TST 20 inch in staggered. They look great and I have no degradation in ride quality compared to the 19's.

4. artisjr

artisjr Supporting Member

I have Vossen CV4 - 245 in front; 285 in rear. I have no issues!

5. artisjr

artisjr Supporting Member

Here is a photo....

Attached Files:

6. Walta

Walta Member

I did the same thing - I started with 19's then switched to 20's. I ran the 19's for about 20k miles, and have about 15k on the 20's. I went with Avant Gard M610's rims with a square setup of michelin pilot 245/40's .

What I noticed right away after the switch to the 20's was a tighter feel to cornering ( less of a sway feeling ) . Also the road noise increased from the prior michelin green tires to the pilots.

I would still do the switch - I enjoy the lower profile side wall look and performance. And for the noise , I just bump the stereo volume up a couple clicks.

7. SomeJoe7777

SomeJoe7777 Marginally-Known Member