Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feedback Requested on CPO 2014 P85 w/ AP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wanted to gain some feedback on the following CPO; Original price $110K see build below; CPO asking $64K; car has approx ~21k Miles

You don't see many of these vehicles (P85 w/ AP) so bit more difficult to comp out.

upload_2018-2-26_17-6-49.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-26_17-5-17.png
    upload_2018-2-26_17-5-17.png
    108.3 KB · Views: 84
If it has the features you want, I would say to go for it. The mileage is low for the age. The gray leather is no longer available, so that is another rare feature along with the AP on a P85. (I hope you like the gray, I do!)
Having said that, I have not looked at other sales and am not an expert on the prices. Just suggesting that you buy it if it is what you want because, as you say, it is rare, has low miles, is a CPO with the associated warranty, etc.
I am assuming you are doing the usual due diligence -- asking for photos and so on.
I would not wait, it'll go fast.
Good luck!

Reactions: thegooch49
As I said, a big factor is whether the OP likes the configuration. If he really wants the P85, with RWD rather than the AWD -- and some people do have a strong preference for RWD in a performance car -- then price becomes secondary to getting what you want when the item is scarce.
There are some advantages of 2015 builds over 2014. I suggest a thorough look at the options tracker to understand the advantages and disadvantages of the earlier vs. later cars: Model S - Options by Year - Tesla Motors Club Wiki

Reactions: NAT3
as a RWD fan I have mixed feelings...I think the acceleration on the RWD seems more "dramatic"... IF this car was a P85+ then it would be a resounding yes... but like others have said for 64K it is just a few K shy of a P85D....looks like you are paying a premium for the lower mileage.

IMHO... I would search out a 2014 or early 2015 P85D with the + suspension. to me that is the only car that i would ever consider trading my P85+ for. The difference between + suspension and standard is significant. if you are coming from a "sportier" car you will appreciate the difference.

Not sure if you are in southern or northern California so it would be difficult to say whether the "D" would serve you better...

in the end i think you would love this car but it seems a tad bit overpriced as others have said.

Thanks for sending; that one has more than double the miles and half the time left on the warranty for basically the same price. I guess its a matter of preference though - In california the subzero package to me doesn't hold any value to me personally. I guess the biggest differences are dual motor/AWD which I like but really aren't a game changer for me.

No deal: Last week I got a 2014 P85 w/AP1 Options totaled $111k. I purchased it for $52k. No CPO and about to run out of warranty, so have to deduct for that. Warranty is not worth $10k to me, since the closest service is currently 2.5 hours away. YMMV. Good luck with the search!

Reactions: JPUConn