TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Feedback Requested on CPO 2014 P85 w/ AP

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by legend502, Feb 26, 2018.

?

Deal or No Deal?!

1. Deal?

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No Deal?

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. legend502

legend502 Member

Wanted to gain some feedback on the following CPO; Original price $110K see build below; CPO asking $64K; car has approx ~21k Miles

You don't see many of these vehicles (P85 w/ AP) so bit more difficult to comp out.

upload_2018-2-26_17-6-49.png

Attached Files:

2. avaghela

avaghela Member

How much CPO remaining?

3. legend502

legend502 Member

full 4 year/ 50K from the program

4. Tes99

Tes99 Member

You just bought it and it has 4 years left? Are you getting a new one?

5. Tes99

Tes99 Member

Also I would say no deal because for around that price and maybe $5K more you can get a heavily optioned CPO P85D.

6. David29

David29 Supporting Member

If it has the features you want, I would say to go for it. The mileage is low for the age. The gray leather is no longer available, so that is another rare feature along with the AP on a P85. (I hope you like the gray, I do!)
    Having said that, I have not looked at other sales and am not an expert on the prices. Just suggesting that you buy it if it is what you want because, as you say, it is rare, has low miles, is a CPO with the associated warranty, etc.
    I am assuming you are doing the usual due diligence -- asking for photos and so on.
    I would not wait, it'll go fast.
    Good luck!

• Like x 1
  7. legend502

legend502 Member

Thanks - Its brand new CPO that I put a deposit down (process takes a while) through Tesla; so I would be new to me including the new 4yr/50K

8. carnut4ever

carnut4ever Member

I'm a no deal vote. I'm also in the same situation, a few thousand more and you get a better optioned P85D, Question for the community is how much the prices will drop in 6 months?

• Like x 1
  9. David29

David29 Supporting Member

As I said, a big factor is whether the OP likes the configuration. If he really wants the P85, with RWD rather than the AWD -- and some people do have a strong preference for RWD in a performance car -- then price becomes secondary to getting what you want when the item is scarce.
    There are some advantages of 2015 builds over 2014. I suggest a thorough look at the options tracker to understand the advantages and disadvantages of the earlier vs. later cars: Model S - Options by Year - Tesla Motors Club Wiki

• Like x 1
  10. JPUConn

JPUConn Active Member

I find it difficult to put a high premium on the P85 with AP because a S85D has the same performance with added benefits of dual motor awd for currently the same price.

11. DanKC

DanKC Member

Curious how OP got the screenshot of the original specs/prices. I don't see that on the CPO documentation for each car on the site. Is that provided once you put down your deposit?

12. legend502

legend502 Member

Thank you, JPCU you are seeing S85D well equipped CPO for same range of the P85s? on EV S85D range was $69-78k

13. dwoo0418

dwoo0418 Member

Just curious, what other options is the OPs list missing? Is it just RWD vs AWD?

14. Tes99

Tes99 Member

P85D is faster.

15. legend502

legend502 Member

no sunroof, yes RWD, I think its pretty decently equipped for the price

16. JPUConn

JPUConn Active Member

17. Don TLR

Don TLR Active Member

At 65 you can find a P85D is you wait a bit, I wish I had added a few more $$ to my limit and wasn't in so much of a hurry. Now I keep drooling of 85D's saying only if..

• Like x 1
  18. Markk993

Markk993 Member

as a RWD fan I have mixed feelings...I think the acceleration on the RWD seems more "dramatic"... IF this car was a P85+ then it would be a resounding yes... but like others have said for 64K it is just a few K shy of a P85D....looks like you are paying a premium for the lower mileage.

IMHO... I would search out a 2014 or early 2015 P85D with the + suspension. to me that is the only car that i would ever consider trading my P85+ for. The difference between + suspension and standard is significant. if you are coming from a "sportier" car you will appreciate the difference.

Not sure if you are in southern or northern California so it would be difficult to say whether the "D" would serve you better...

in the end i think you would love this car but it seems a tad bit overpriced as others have said.

19. legend502

legend502 Member

Thanks for sending; that one has more than double the miles and half the time left on the warranty for basically the same price. I guess its a matter of preference though - In california the subzero package to me doesn't hold any value to me personally. I guess the biggest differences are dual motor/AWD which I like but really aren't a game changer for me.

20. morrisdl

morrisdl Member

No deal: Last week I got a 2014 P85 w/AP1 Options totaled $111k. I purchased it for $52k. No CPO and about to run out of warranty, so have to deduct for that. Warranty is not worth $10k to me, since the closest service is currently 2.5 hours away. YMMV. Good luck with the search!

• Like x 1