Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feedback thorugh speakers when accelerating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am going to drop by the SC, and did a search but didn't find anything which is like the issue I am having. I noticed feedback int he speakers when I am using power. I noticed it with the audio completely off. ( Muted and no source selected) The hum goes away completely when the accelerator is not used (regen)
I am not sure how lon git has been going on since I usually listen to music. It is slight but noticeable. Anyone have anything like this before? Something well known etc?

What you are describing is the "balloon squeal" and yes it doe sound like electrical speaker interference. There are a few electrical whirring sounds. If it's a high pitch squeal when heavy accelerating only it's really just power moving brought he contactors and it's normal. If it's always there when > 0kW at all times, that's not normal but unfortunately common and they should apply a TSB to swap your drive unit with one that's been fixed by them shimming something and then they also move some wiring around to dampen the sounds.

What you are describing is the "balloon squeal" and yes it doe sound like electrical speaker interference. There are a few electrical whirring sounds. If it's a high pitch squeal when heavy accelerating only it's really just power moving brought he contactors and it's normal. If it's always there when > 0kW at all times, that's not normal but unfortunately common and they should apply a TSB to swap your drive unit with one that's been fixed by them shimming something and then they also move some wiring around to dampen the sounds.

This is more subtle than the balloon squeal. It happens even with light accel i.e < 10kW usage. The ballon squeal is much louder than this. I would have never noticed this with the radio/music on.

thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.