Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feel slighted by Tesla rant

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if your bank accidentally deposits money into your account do you get to keep it? Nope sure dont.
Not really apples to apples...

if my bank offered me a 30 year fixed mortgage at 3% and charged me accordingly for a year, but then says "whoops, we were supposed to offer you a 4% rate" I certainly wouldn't let them modify years 2-29 with this new rate without a fight.

Not really apples to apples...

if my bank offered me a 30 year fixed mortgage at 3% and charged me accordingly for a year, but then says "whoops, we were supposed to offer you a 4% rate" I certainly wouldn't let them modify years 2-29 with this new rate without a fight.
Completely different as you have s signed contract in which they cannot modify your terms. The op has provided no such proof of any kind to show the details

I'm not saying he wasnt promised and I give everyone the benefit if the doubt but if theres nothing to back up or substantiate his story then I'm more hesitant. There are always many sides to every story. Weve only been provided 1 of those sides.
Read his initial intro again. He, all but, said it was a 'and we'll throw in..." from someone not entitled to promise him that. When it worked it's way through the system, it was removed. So, yeah, I'd agree with the op that said he was never entitled in the first place. But hey. let him hire his lawyer.

You’re right, Tesla customer service sucks... but that free super charging is worth maybe $20/yr for most people, so you may want to think about that before wasting time with an attorney

While I agree with your premise that free supercharging isn't nearly as valuable as many pretend, it's actually worth far more than $20 a year. Just take one 300 to 400 mile trip and you've gotten about $20 worth of free supercharging. We don't take many trips in our S because it's not our preferred car for long trips, but we do a few weekend trips a year, and each one would be around $40 of supercharging.

I'd say it's more like a $200 to $250 value on average.

Thanks to those that understand and see it from my POV. Others are clearly missing the point. There are facts that I'm not disclosing here for a reason but yes I do have proof that I have Unlimited Free Supercharging. I have to give it to Tesla for making it difficult though. In fact I spoke to a number of lawyers over the week but luckily someone with authority and logic from Tesla has reached out to me in time and is working with them to resolve the issue.

We all like Teslas for us to be on this forum. But the way I see it is I purchased the car with the understanding I'll have free supercharging (it is then up to my discretion to use it or not). To make the matters worse, this happened couple of weeks after my OA left the company. It's like Ferrari promising to give me free gas for 10 years and only to withdraw the offer a year after the transaction. Isn't that a bait and switch and hence a scam? I'm sure they were trying to clamp down on their leakages but they need to have a better way to handle these issues.

It's appalling to see how much Tesla is getting away by pushing inexperienced buyers through a quick delivery of defective cars (frequently with paint and panel alignment, contractual obligations are more rare) I can tell you that other car owners (namely Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, etc), they all have lawyers on speed dial. It's only when you hold them accountable will things get better in the future.

While I agree with your premise that free supercharging isn't nearly as valuable as many pretend, it's actually worth far more than $20 a year. Just take one 300 to 400 mile trip and you've gotten about $20 worth of free supercharging. We don't take many trips in our S because it's not our preferred car for long trips, but we do a few weekend trips a year, and each one would be around $40 of supercharging.

I'd say it's more like a $200 to $250 value on average.

I'm estimating $1000-1500 a year depending on mileage. Vampire drain is the worse of my EVs (5-10 miles loss a day)

All my communication with my DS was through email. Was any of this in email? If so, it's in writing.

yes, when i posted the original post, I haven't gone through all my documents (I took screenshots, SMS logs, email chains, documents downloaded on Tesla's website). It was just frustrating when Tesla didn't keep track of these on their side and straight out denied my request. They're working in such silos within Tesla that left arm doesn't know what the right arm is doing. In fact the person that reached out had those records and so ended up contacting me

purchased my car in 2018 with referral, ordered in July, got the car in mid-September but rejected it due to paint defects. Owner Advisor found a replacement car and delivered it to me early October with the premise that I could still have free unlimited supercharging (it was showing in my account all this time). Now Tesla has removed it without any notification (starting in January and they initially brushed it off as a system error), now my Owner Advisor left and they refuse to give me unlimited supercharging a year after.

BUYER BEWARE!! Their customer service is the worse I've seen. Thought I'd share it with others but will be speaking with my lawyer shortly.

let me know if you get any head way in this. Same thing happened to me, what I was told was 1st car had but since you changed the second one won’t. My sales advisor never made me aware and it was her idea to have me switch instead of waiting.

Should be simple enough.

The free SC offer was in place on the first car as the order date qualified. That car was rejected.

Was the 2nd car on the same order number/date or was it a new order?

if new order then no free SC as the offer had gone by then.

Also for the poster who mentioned this, it has zero impact on resale value as the offer at that time was not transferable.

Status
Not open for further replies.