Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feeler: 2017 Model S 90D Unicorn (September Built)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Bebop

Jun 25, 2017
Midwest
I'm considering switching to a Model 3 possibly. Wanted to get a feeler on any possible interest in this car and what kind of offers I'd get before pulling trigger on selling the car. Why am I considering a Model 3? It's more about downsizing. Just like how I have no use for a Model X, I'm starting to see that I'm not really using the space of a Model S fully at all. So no point in paying for something I'm not utilizing to its full extent.

Why is it a unicorn?

- The 90D was discontinued in early summer. Tesla in the fall released a limited number of new inventory 90D cars out to the public. I managed to grab one of them. Came direct from factory to my Service Center, so it was never actually used in a Tesla Showroom or as a Test Drive Vehicle. I intercepted that shipment. So I'm the only person who has owned this car.

- This car also has AP2.5, New Drive Unit (this was introduced in July on new cars for those who don't know) and the New Back Seats (introduced in August on new cars).You won't find this on any other 90D car (unless of course someone else is selling their 2017 September built 90D).

Overall this is a rare car.

Specs:
Solid Black Paint Exterior
Black Multi-Pattern Seats
Dark Ash Wood Decor
EAP Activated
AWD
All Glass Roof
Smart Air Suspension
Standard 19" Silver Slipstreams (2 rims have some rash, that is something I would take care of absolutely prior to selling)
Warranty still in tact of course. Both Limited and Battery/Drivetrain.
90% Charge ~ 263
100% Charge ~292

~20K miles
-Overall 9/10 condition (couple of small rock nicks ON the front portion of the clear bra right underneath the frunk, NOT ON the paint itself).
-People keep commenting on it smelling new or at least people thinking I just bought the car recently. That is how well I have been taking care of the car.
- Non Smoker/Garage Kept/No pets

NO PUP (bioweapon, back heated seats, etc) or Child Rear Facing Seats. FSD is NOT activated on this car.

Free Supercharging does NOT transfer over to new owner.

Extras:
Windows Tinted (40%)
XPEL Ultimate Clear Bra on entire car.

Any questions, please feel free to ask. I also have the sticker as well. Pics incoming soon.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: TaoJones and Cowby
A basic 100d with EAP is 92.5k after federal rebates. Price seems high. GLWS.

It seems like the 100D has been reduced in price. I swear at one point it was at least $100K or maybe it’s the X I’m thinking. Regardless, you do have a good point. I think I’m going to go to Tesla to get a trade in offer and then work from that number. Would be best.

I agree your price is high (in no jerk kind of way). With the current incentives its very close to a 100D and more than 75D. Both 100 and 75 batteries are believed to be more superior to the 90. However there is a buyer for every car, just got to hit that selling price sweet spot

These 90Ds were such great deals when Tesla re-started them off the line - especially since Tesla discounted them $7,500 right off the bat. If I recall correctly, they were priced around $95K with PUP (so netting out to around $87K after federal tax credit and $1K referral credit), $90K without PUP (so netting out to around $82K after federal tax credit and $1K referral credit), and $87K without PUP and with multipattern seats (so netting out to around $79K after federal tax credit and $1K referral credit). It looks like yours falls into the $79K net range? With 20K miles, I'd expect the Tesla trade in price to be much lower than you might expect - and nowhere near $85K. You'll likely have much better success getting a higher price via a private party sale.

These 90Ds were such great deals when Tesla re-started them off the line - especially since Tesla discounted them $7,500 right off the bat. If I recall correctly, they were priced around $95K with PUP (so netting out to around $87K after federal tax credit and $1K referral credit), $90K without PUP (so netting out to around $82K after federal tax credit and $1K referral credit), and $87K without PUP and with multipattern seats (so netting out to around $79K after federal tax credit and $1K referral credit). It looks like yours falls into the $79K net range? With 20K miles, I'd expect the Tesla trade in price to be much lower than you might expect - and nowhere near $85K. You'll likely have much better success getting a higher price via a private party sale.

I was just suggesting as a frame of reference to get a value. To get a trade-in value they can give you an estimate quite easily - usually over the phone, I believe. You should just be able to call into the main line and they will assist with taking your information and getting back to you with a value. Let us know what you find out, and share the experience... I’m curious. It will certainly be lower than what you expect and almost always is... but somewhere in between generally reveals the true market private party value.