Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feeler : 21" Tesla Custom Forged Matte Black Arachnid Wheels and Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am considering selling my upcoming 21" Tesla forged arachnid wheels in matte black for Tesla Model S (wheels itself should fit Model X as well). They will be in 'brand new, never installed' condition.

For those who wish to know more about the uniqueness of these wheels:

• These custom wheels are not sold in Tesla store.
• Wheels are 8.6 lbs lighter in front and 9.5 lbs in rear wheel for a total reduction of 36.2 lbs of unsprung weight compare to the 21" Turbine wheels, a $4500 upgrade option for new purchase, or $6000 when sold separately.
• Arachnid wheels are equipped in the Tesla that sets the record 0-60 time.
2017 Tesla Model S P100D First Test: A New Record - 0-60 MPH in 2.28 Seconds! - Motor Trend

Specification:
• 21″ Arachnid Wheel
•Size: 21 X 8.5″ front,21 X 9.0″ rear.
•Offset: +40 front, +40 rear
•PCD: 5X120
•Center Bore: 64.1mm
•Lug Nut Spec: 13/16 Hex, 14X1.50 Thread
•Lug Nut Torque Spec: 129 lb-ft.
•Weight: 26.5 lb front, 28.5 lb rear

Package includes:
• 4 Arachnid wheels
• 4 Michelin Pilot Super Sport (PSS) tires
• 4 tire pressure sensors
• 4 Tesla logo wheel caps

image-png.188442

Photo of the silver wheels for reference purpose.

upload_2016-6-16_17-47-5-png.181130

Looking for $7000, local pick up in San Francisco Bay Area preferred.

No rush in selling.

Just to let you know, I've had three offers to buy my Arachnid wheels from Model X owners, only to be (all separately) told by Tesla that these custom wheels will not work/fit on the Model X. There's some speculation it's a load bearing issue. I have no idea if this is valid, or just Tesla being Tesla saying something isn't possible just because they haven't done the work to approve it otherwise. YMMV.

Minor correction, Arachnid wheels are 36.2 lb heavier than the 21" Turbine wheels (as listed in original post).
minor correction of the correction...I think you meant to say lighter :)

I thought your post above indicated the Arachnids were on offer for $6,000 in the Tesla shop. Weren't they for a while? Now they show coming soon or something.

you should keep them. they're beautiful, and 36 pounds of not only unsprung, but more importantly ROTATING mass is a significant performance boost (and likely a bit of a range boost)

minor correction of the correction...I think you meant to say lighter :)

I thought your post above indicated the Arachnids were on offer for $6,000 in the Tesla shop. Weren't they for a while? Now they show coming soon or something.

you should keep them. they're beautiful, and 36 pounds of not only unsprung, but more importantly ROTATING mass is a significant performance boost (and likely a bit of a range boost)

Yes it is, unfortunately due to the newbie status I am not able to update these posts :(

They are indeed gorgeous, but then it's my wife's DD and it'll be heartbroken to see this set of awesome wheels filled with rashes in no time.

I am considering selling my upcoming 21" Tesla forged arachnid wheels in matte black for Tesla Model S (wheels itself should fit Model X as well). They will be in 'brand new, never installed' condition. For those who wish to know more about the uniqueness of these wheels:
• These custom wheels are not sold in Tesla store.
• Wheels are 8.6 lbs lighter in front and 9.5 lbs in rear wheel for a total reduction of 36.2 lbs of unsprung weight compare to the 21" Turbine wheels, a $4500 upgrade option for new purchase, or $6000 when sold separately.
• Arachnid wheels are equipped in the Tesla that sets the record 0-60 time.
2017 Tesla Model S P100D First Test: A New Record - 0-60 MPH in 2.28 Seconds! - Motor Trend
Looking for $7000, local pick up in San Francisco Bay Area preferred. No rush in selling.

A bit of a Reality check ... current market for the wheels is $3,200 :cool:

New Tesla Factory Model S 21 inch Arachnid Wheels, Limited Edition | eBay

Reactions: Cowby
Thanks Steve S and sakimano.

A bit of a Reality check ... current market for the wheels is $3,200 :cool:

New Tesla Factory Model S 21 inch Arachnid Wheels, Limited Edition | eBay

Thanks for the info, FlatSix911, I am aware of that too, but the sampling size is still relatively small to call it a market price, set aside that this particular ebay transaction is only for 4 wheels, and not including a set of brand new tires and tpms mounted.

Also, many people from ebay may not even aware of the uniqueness of such wheel set early on....

Thanks Steve S and sakimano.

Thanks for the info, FlatSix911, I am aware of that too, but the sampling size is still relatively small to call it a market price, set aside that this particular ebay transaction is only for 4 wheels, and not including a set of brand new tires and tpms mounted.

Also, many people from ebay may not even aware of the uniqueness of such wheel set early on....

Good point ... They look great and you are including the new PSS Tires and TPMS for a fair price. GLWS :cool:

arachnid-at-supercharger-jpg.222120