Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feeling brave? ("dyno mode" info dump)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll hop in my car tomorrow morning and try and move it and see what happens.

Perhaps there ought to be a stronger advisory in the opening post about getting “stuck” in this mode.

For what it’s worth when I used it I actually pressed the “Exit Diagnostic Mode and Restart” button, which did do that (restarted the screen), but as said when I put it in Drive earlier today, after a good 12 hours or more of it being asleep, it spontaneously showed “Dyno Mode” on the screen again in red letters with all the warnings. :(
Yeah, same here. First time “exit and restart” didn't do it. But going back in and repeat exit and restart did it for me

24.5 fixes (removes) this by the way.

I should point out that after having tried this once I definitely wouldn't recommend it.

Even though I thought my car was fully out of Dyno Mode yesterday, with no residual signs of it (red letters or warnings), when I set off to visit someone I had no visualisations at all, only the car showed up on the right hand side of the screen. Obviously no cruise control or AP available.

Did a two button reset when I parked up and this fixed it, but for a moment I thought I was going to have to book a service visit and sheepishly tell them that i had been a bad boy, but looks like it hasn't come to that.

24.5 fixes (removes) this by the way.

I should point out that after having tried this once I definitely wouldn't recommend it.

Even though I thought my car was fully out of Dyno Mode yesterday, with no residual signs of it (red letters or warnings), when I set off to visit someone I had no visualisations at all, only the car showed up on the right hand side of the screen. Obviously no cruise control or AP available.

Did a two button reset when I parked up and this fixed it, but for a moment I thought I was going to have to book a service visit and sheepishly tell them that i had been a bad boy, but looks like it hasn't come to that.
Thanks for the info. I was going to it again on our newly delivered model Y. 😅

Reactions: Durzel
Tesla patched the "bug" that let people view this diagnostic info in dynotest mode in 24.5. Being able to view data wasn't intended, I presume it's meant for a different mode, only intended to be used by service techs.

To be clear - when I said above that "24.5 fixes (removes) this by the way", what I meant was that the ability to view this info was removed by Tesla in that update, nor that me upgrading my car to 24.5 fixed my personal issue with being stuck with the after effects of being in Dyno Mode.

I fixed my car by two-button resetting it, whilst still running 24.4.

Tesla patched the "bug" that let people view this diagnostic info in dynotest mode in 24.5. Being able to view data wasn't intended, I presume it's meant for a different mode, only intended to be used by service techs.

To be clear - when I said above that "24.5 fixes (removes) this by the way", what I meant was that the ability to view this info was removed by Tesla in that update, nor that me upgrading my car to 24.5 fixed my personal issue with being stuck with the after effects of being in Dyno Mode.

I fixed my car by two-button resetting it, whilst still running 24.4.
Must have got mad at ME -- took 3 updates in less than 48 hrs. Saturday morning I was at 2021.24.4 and it wanted to update to 24.5 -- so I let it. Now this morning I let it update to 24.11 -- maybe they didn't like me playing around in Dynotest mode...

Reactions: Durzel