Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feeling every imperfection in the road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Had my model 3 performance for 18 months with roughly 9000 miles on the clock.
Over the last few weeks the ride has been really rough. Even at low speeds I can feel every bump and imperfection in the road and its felt in the steering wheel. Feel like there's no absorption at all.
Wheels are all fine and no obvious impacts. Just such a different drive as previously it was like it was running on rails.

Anyone else had this problem? Or any idea what it could be?

Cheers

Reactions: AC2DC
Hi All,

Had my model 3 performance for 18 months with roughly 9000 miles on the clock.
Over the last few weeks the ride has been really rough. Even at low speeds I can feel every bump and imperfection in the road and its felt in the steering wheel. Feel like there's no absorption at all.
Wheels are all fine and no obvious impacts. Just such a different drive as previously it was like it was running on rails.

Anyone else had this problem? Or any idea what it could be?

Cheers

get 18" tires and run lower pressures. what are you expecting with 20" tires pumped up to 3.2 bar?

I've always noticed that worn tyres do not ride as well as new ones. I think that the tyre belts become less flexible with mileage and this results in a more choppy ride quality. It may also be the thickness of the tread - don't know, but I've noticed it on every performance car I've owned, replacing tyres like for like, same inflation pressure etc.