Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Gang. Purchased a Model 3 Performance September 29, 2018. Around September 15, 2018 Elon Musk announced anyone who takes delivery of an IN STOCK Model 3 Performance using a referral code will get free supercharging for life. (They wanted to hit some new sales number by quarters end September 30). OK, ordered and locked in the car got a VIN number assigned to me by making a deposit on September 22, 2018 in the Richmond, Virginia store. Saturday September 29, 2018 drove to the Baltimore, MD. store and purchased the car, turned in our trade in, signed all the papers, met a lot of nice local volunteers while waiting 5 hours, took delivery of the car, drove it off the lot signed sealed delivered, DONE. At first there was free supercharging for say two months then suddenly out of the blue Tesla started charging my credit card for supercharging. After a week or so of running the Tesla customer service gauntlet got the free supercharging restored. Two months after that same problem repeated. Ran the Tesla customer service gauntlet again, got it restored again. Two months later out of the blue Tesla started charging my credit card for my free supercharging. Again repeated same drill got it restored again. Two weeks ago Tesla again out of the blue started charging my credit card for my free supercharging, This time totally impossible to talk to someone about the problem, no phone, email or chat. Love the car from day one starting to hate the company. I am hitting a wall here. Anyone have a suggestion short of filing a lawsuit. Thanks guys and oh I'm not a crybaby. Just retired from 40 years in a retail and service business. Served a million customers without one hitch. There is no way this would have happened to one of my customers on my watch.

...suggestion...

I guess I would deny charges with my own credit card company. But doing so, Tesla might disable future Supercharging until the charges are paid.

Since it's hard to get a human, I would go ahead and send the message through your Tesla Account page.

If you got no results then make sure you have all the documentation and go for Small Claims Court.

I guess I would deny charges with my own credit card company. But doing so, Tesla might disable future Supercharging until the charges are paid.

Since it's hard to get a human, I would go ahead and send the message through your Tesla Account page.

If you got no results then make sure you have all the documentation and go for Small Claims Court.
Thanks so much. Yes looks like I will need to be very patient on this one.

Two things.

At the very least remove your credit card from the account so it doesn't automatically charge it. You can still supercharge even without a credit card as far as I know.

You really should take advantage of the $5K refund to early P3D buyers, and simply give up free supercharging. I did this, and it hasn't even cost me more than $20. Why? Cause shortly after I got 5000 free supercharging miles for a single referral. Sure that won't last forever as I believe it expires.

All in Elon makes so many changes, and so many promises it's hard for dedicated fans to keep up let alone everyone at Tesla who has to figure out how to implement all this stuff.

You're hardly alone in falling through the cracks.

Frustrating. I'd write letter to Tesla legal department. Send copies of all receipts for supercharging you paid for and request reimbursement and to have the free SC turned back on. I wouldn't remove your card from your account as some have suggested as you may then get frozen out of a supercharger when you need it. My understanding is that you can charge once without a card on your account, but not sure more than that.

Two things.

At the very least remove your credit card from the account so it doesn't automatically charge it. You can still supercharge even without a credit card as far as I know.

You really should take advantage of the $5K refund to early P3D buyers, and simply give up free supercharging. I did this, and it hasn't even cost me more than $20. Why? Cause shortly after I got 5000 free supercharging miles for a single referral. Sure that won't last forever as I believe it expires.

All in Elon makes so many changes, and so many promises it's hard for dedicated fans to keep up let alone everyone at Tesla who has to figure out how to implement all this stuff.

Hopefully Tesla removes cars altogether fairly quickly after non payment.

Two things.

How does one go from a "free supercharging for life" category to "bill for supercharging" category?

What mechanism would cause a supercharger user to be shifted from said categories every two months?

It sure looks to me that Tesla, a company with 30,000+ employees and valued higher than GM or Ford, is attempting to scam customers out of their legally entitled purchase benefits.

Yoda.jpg