Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feelings about the “order fee” and dropping features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As previously stated in this thread...the order itself just refers to an existing set of documentation which lists it..you can make an argument it does in fact infer this is included. This is an argument already successfully made in other countries as well. But as I said before, if you're replacing the feature 1:1 then this is a moot point....the question is whether you are actually receiving a feature 1:1. Given they've disabled some functions that would've used the USS but they haven't perfected with vision, I think you could argue they have NOT.

YOUR argument, which was they added X, Y, Z but removed A is a nonsensical one..and would be completely irrelevant. Here I gave you a cup holder, an extra USB port and some fuzzy dice but I removed the sensors...it doesn't work like that....

I don't need to get my lawyer involved...I don't have an issue. I also am not drinking the Kool Aid so hard I don't think Tesla is infallible..because they're not. I really like my Tesla..that doesn't mean I'm blind to their shortfalls nor do I just accept them as ok..
But it works exactly like that. Here we are aren't we?

Why does not believing a company isn't doing something wrong in a particular instance have to become some sort of drinking kool aid thing? That's lazy. If someone doesn't agree with your opinion somehow they're overcome by some sort of blind loyalty? Disagree like an adult.

Reactions: Yelobird
No question that Tesla has been improving things but at some point it's become more of a trade off instead of an outright improvement during the earlier years. People always talk about the greatness of OTA as new features are constantly added, but what's not told is that they can also take features away with OTA, in my case radar was disabled from my Model 3 making it a worse car.
I think it's prudent to just list all the features added after you place the order vs things removed, and see if the tradeoff is something you're willing to live with.
I've wish Tesla didn't remove things like radar, USS, passenger lumber support, Mobile Connector, but also glad they added front double pane glass, wireless charger, cargo cover, NVH improvements, better suspension, Ryzen upgrade, etc.

Reactions: Bp25 and sleepydoc
But it works exactly like that. Here we are aren't we?

Why does not believing a company isn't doing something wrong in a particular instance have to become some sort of drinking kool aid thing? That's lazy. If someone doesn't agree with your opinion somehow they're overcome by some sort of blind loyalty? Disagree like an adult.
I didn't say if they didn't agree with me they're overcome with blind loyalty. You made that assumption, please respect the discussion and not jump to these conclusions. THAT's lazy...What I'm doing is anything but. I'm all good with disagreement, I love the discussion, that's why there is a forum. But back it up. If you can't back it up, would you agree, that is likely blind loyalty? I actually said I'm not drinking the kool-aid so I don't think Tesla is infallible. You understand what that means right? It doesn't mean not without fault, or not having fault or being wrong in THIS situation. It means not capable of being wrong. Would you agree that is blind loyalty?

"That's just how it is" is not a reason. But even if you think it is...The reality is, some people don't feel like Tesla can do anything wrong. They blindly accept whatever they do as right. Remember when Jobs said that no one wanted a bigger screen? And people actually started making that excuse for Apple...as if they're 100% right..who would want a bigger screen? If you ask those same people now would they go back to a tiny screen, the answer is absolutely not. Is that drinking the Kool-aid? I think so...What does that have in common? Because you like the company so much (nothing wrong with that), that you're overly biased to anything they do. Rather than step back and evaluate it, you accept it as ok. A good measuring stick but difficult to find in these situations is what would that person think of a brand that made the same decision, but that brand was one they didn't like? Would they also think that decision was a good one?

Reactions: Bp25
No question that Tesla has been improving things but at some point it's become more of a trade off instead of an outright improvement during the earlier years. People always talk about the greatness of OTA as new features are constantly added, but what's not told is that they can also take features away with OTA, in my case radar was disabled from my Model 3 making it a worse car.
I think it's prudent to just list all the features added after you place the order vs things removed, and see if the tradeoff is something you're willing to live with.
I've wish Tesla didn't remove things like radar, USS, passenger lumber support, Mobile Connector, but also glad they added front double pane glass, wireless charger, cargo cover, NVH improvements, better suspension, Ryzen upgrade, etc.
I agree...there are definitely trade offs...

For me, my point is if they're going to remove something..just simply give your consumer the chance to back out. If truly your car is as good as it was before, you don't have any worries with this. And frankly, I think a vast majority of people would still buy the car (and do).

I knew going in that Tesla was going to have issues with quality control..and they did..and it sucked..and it was a pain. But overall I really like my car and happy I bought it.

yes I am. Mine was credited. Here is the official Tesla Motor Vehicle agreement. You can read it here:

Order Process Model 3, Y; Order Fee and Cancellation. After you submit your completed order and pay the Order Fee, we will begin the process of preparing and coordinating your Vehicle delivery. As your delivery date nears we reserve the right to ask you for payment of an additional Order Fee to account for shipping costs we may incur, for which we will, together with the initial Order Fee, provide a credit to the final purchase price of your Vehicle.

Reactions: pipestem