Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fell from Model-3's bottom, what's it??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I keep my Model-3 in the garage & no other car is there. Hence, today morning when I "Summoned" the car out, saw this (see pictures) on the garage floor just below the passenger (right) side of the car. It seems to have a number '16' on the insides.
WhatsApp Image 2019-08-06 at 11.26.05 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-08-06 at 11.26.04 AM.jpeg

Any idea what it is?? The car is running fine, but am concerned as the piece seems to be made of rubber & don't want to rust anything that it was protecting.

Thanks for your responses.

Hi,

I keep my Model-3 in the garage & no other car is there. Hence, today morning when I "Summoned" the car out, saw this (see pictures) on the garage floor just below the passenger (right) side of the car. It seems to have a number '16' on the insides.View attachment 438522 View attachment 438524

Any idea what it is?? The car is running fine, but am concerned as the piece seems to be made of rubber & don't want to rust anything that it was protecting.

Thanks for your responses.
I know exactly what that is. Look under your doors and there probably is a hole where that plug fell out. I had a few in mine that weren’t there and had to order replacements.
They’re door plugs:
PLUG,ROUND,19MM,1.2 GRP,EPDM,BLK 2
(1052817-00-C)

• Informative
Reactions: billh13850
I know exactly what that is. Look under your doors and there probably is a hole where that plug fell out. I had a few in mine that weren’t there and had to order replacements.
They’re door plugs:
PLUG,ROUND,19MM,1.2 GRP,EPDM,BLK 2
(1052817-00-C)

I check beneath all doors & none are missing. Btw, the ones below the doors are a bit different (see pic) than the one I found on the garage floor. Also, checked visually below the car too, but don't see any hole that's missing a plug, might use a camera to check more in details later.

Still the mystery of the plug goes on. ;-)
Tesla Rubber Plug.jpeg

I check beneath all doors & none are missing. Btw, the ones below the doors are a bit different (see pic) than the one I found on the garage floor. Also, checked visually below the car too, but don't see any hole that's missing a plug, might use a camera to check more in details later.

Still the mystery of the plug goes on. ;-)View attachment 438582
Interesting. Maybe take it to a SC and see if they can identify it? Curious as to what else it could be? Good luck.