Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fellow car cleaning obsessives...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had delivered yesterday - Slims Detailing foam lance/bottle with Nilfisk connector + Auto Finesse Avalanche foam (came as a package), already have Meguiars Ultimate Wash&Wax for 2-bucket clean. Then Chemical Guys Carbon Flex quick detailer and Dooka Glass Cleaner to finish.

This is on top of SB3 Alpha ceramic on paint and GTechniq C2 on Glass.

Also got a bottle of Autoglym Polar Blast foam for the winter months, will save the Auto Finesse stuff for the spring.

Reactions: DaveW
Does anyone have any alternatives to the snow foam step in many cleaning routines where the intention is to remove dirt etc before the mitt touches the paint? I don't have the ease of access to the car for a lance/pressure washer (but can manage a hose).

I was thinking a spray with this then hose might be a good alternative but keen to hear from others. Thanks

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Meguair`s-G180224EU-Multi-Purpose-Cleaner/dp/B06WVCYR9J

I found this on the Karcher store the other day: https://www.kaercher.com/uk/home-garden/mobile-cleaning/handheld-cleaner/khb-5-multi-jet-13281030.html

It has quite a high pressure so should be able to handle a snow lance

I've started looking at car dryers. The neighbours already think I'm a loon when I'm out there with my hog hair brushes so figured I'd ramp it up a gear. :D

The BIGBOI Mini+ has my attention. Does anyone own this or something comparable?

I'm hoping that with ceramic coating and various other hydrophobic layers the mini+ should be powerful enough to do all panels (not just small crevices) so that I can remove towels completely from my routine.

Blows at up to 171mph, displacement at CFM/FPM 58,600 ft/min.

It's expensive at £250 so thoughts and recommendations appreciated before I take the plunge.

BigBoi BlowR Mini+ Touchless Car Dryer | Ultimate Finish

I've started looking at car dryers. The neighbours already think I'm a loon when I'm out there with my hog hair brushes so figured I'd ramp it up a gear. :D

The BIGBOI Mini+ has my attention. Does anyone own this or something comparable?

I'm hoping that with ceramic coating and various other hydrophobic layers the mini+ should be powerful enough to do all panels (not just small crevices) so that I can remove towels completely from my routine.

It's expensive at £250 so thoughts and recommendations appreciated before I take the plunge.

Blo Air is another alternative:

https://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/collections/blo/products/blo-air-gt-car-dryer

• Helpful
Reactions: Medved_77

I’ve got a Big Boi Mini. I think the Mini plus is a new model.

I don’t use it on the main body of the car for a full dry although I have tried. I find it easier to use some decent drying towels such as Klin Korea Duo. It is handy to dry out the nooks and crannies and the tyres/wheels in winter before applying tyre dressing. It’s also handy if you are applying a polish or wax to stop drips on it from things like the wing mirrors, and on my Alfa, the door handles.

I did get an extra long hose for the Big Boi as well, but found that found that it’s not needed.

I’ve not used it on the M3 yet, but it may prove useful on the Tesla number plate holders to stop drips. They look like like they could hide quite a lot of water. The M3 is having a Gtechnic ceramic coating applied this week so I haven’t cleaned it yet.

I do get quite a lot of complements for how my Alfa looks, and I put that down to the ceramic coating and regular washing with decent products.

I’ve got a Big Boi Mini. I think the Mini plus is a new model.

I don’t use it on the main body of the car for a full dry although I have tried. I find it easier to use some decent drying towels such as Klin Korea Duo. It is handy to dry out the nooks and crannies and the tyres/wheels in winter before applying tyre dressing. It’s also handy if you are applying a polish or wax to stop drips on it from things like the wing mirrors, and on my Alfa, the door handles.

I did get an extra long hose for the Big Boi as well, but found that found that it’s not needed.

I’ve not used it on the M3 yet, but it may prove useful on the Tesla number plate holders to stop drips. They look like like they could hide quite a lot of water. The M3 is having a Gtechnic ceramic coating applied this week so I haven’t cleaned it yet.

I do get quite a lot of complements for how my Alfa looks, and I put that down to the ceramic coating and regular washing with decent products.
Thanks, that's helpful.

I guess the only doubt I have is whether the device is powerful enough to do the whole car. I think the mini plus is around twice as powerful as the mini. I'm also hoping with the ceramic coating and additional products such as Gyeon Wet Coat it should allow the water to push off fairly easily.

The dryers work better with a ceramic coat and the newer one will have more than enough power if you want contactless drying. I find 2 or 3 towels quicker, but with a more powerful flow the newer one may be more effective and hence faster than mine.

If you get one, the little trolleys with wheels are really useful.

Reactions: Medved_77
Do any of you leave some washing sprays/treatments in the car for use at petrol station jet washes?

I don't trust the soap in those machines so bring my own 'born to be mild'. I'm going to leave a Meguirs ceramic coat spray in the boot too for the 'on the go' washes.

Same, I'm not even entertaining the idea of a forecourt type wash.

It's me or my local valet from now on. When i say, valet, its a 17 kid whose dad works for a dent removal company and I know that the pair of them love it when my car is on the drive :) To be fair, the lad does a great job.

Reactions: OneTinyFish
Do any of you leave some washing sprays/treatments in the car for use at petrol station jet washes?

I don't trust the soap in those machines so bring my own 'born to be mild'. I'm going to leave a Meguirs ceramic coat spray in the boot too for the 'on the go' washes.

Please don’t use the brush on one of those jet washes!!

If you can wash it at home, do that (two bucket method etc.. all in the guide).

Just for clarity - no brush. God no.

Just a touchless wash with the 'lance' pressure washer. Water only.

Our Manx water is crystal clear and very soft (it's rainwater).

At home, two bucket method always. I'm mildly annoyed that on the way over, at some point the car was given some lovely swirls on the back and pillars. I will have these dealt with by a local detailer.

I've placed a £100 order with IODetail as a result of this thread!

Just for clarity - no brush. God no.

Just a touchless wash with the 'lance' pressure washer. Water only.

Our Manx water is crystal clear and very soft (it's rainwater).

At home, two bucket method always. I'm mildly annoyed that on the way over, at some point the car was given some lovely swirls on the back and pillars. I will have these dealt with by a local detailer.

I've placed a £100 order with IODetail as a result of this thread!
Yes, I think @DaveW has cost us all plenty ! (but absolutely worth the investment !!)

My apologies to your wallets / other half’s @Chalks99 and @OneTinyFish :D

I applied some wet coat to my car again yesterday (before the rain), beads up so nicely.

This is today, after it raining yesterday and today, plus a 45 minute drive to Paradise Wildlife Park (inset day!)

90E2F252-BFCB-4C7C-B093-88637F26BEFA.jpeg
A0A9BF3D-7F81-4234-A76A-275BA700CDFC.jpeg