Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fellow car cleaning obsessives...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do it to clean off any overspray of the Polar Seal as recommended by AutoGlym. I stick with that recommendation as I've seen several screens suffer from an immoveable film buildup after something (I'm assuming silicone based treatments) being applied, so don't want that screen going the same way. I'm happy to stick to the recommendation especially since AG Fastglass does work so well it something I keep in the boot anyway.

I'm not always sure that AG don't upsell their other products to cover other scenarios, but tbh its not confined to AG, or even car cleaning products. I think there are many products out there that require several individual solutions where as years a go, one product will have done for all uses. Look at many car cleaning manufacturers product ranges and you will find a very specific product for a very specific task. So I don't really blame them for upselling a glass cleaning product for cleaning the windscreen even if another of their products will do a very reasonable job.

I wish that I had found the AG Polar range sooner - they are a revelation to me, although happy to accept that there may be better individual items that could always be used. I've got a box full of car cleaning products that I don't think I will ever touch again. The only down side is their environmental credentials, but I have thought of the impact of these products and, rightly or wrongly, I am comfortable that on balance my usage of them will have minimal additional impact over other car washing methods.
Thanks for the explanation, but I will not be bothering with the Autoglym windscreen cleaner as well as the other Polar Range products I already use. I am just not that obsessive about cleaning my car. Nope, not for me. I have enough cleaning products already and that would just be a step too far for me. Not going to place that order. No no no.
Message from Amazon: 'Your order of Autoglym AG Fastglass is due to arrive on Sunday'
Damn! Moment of weakness...

Some nice water beading from the gtechniq g1 this morning..

Attachments

• 02FE95FE-E1ED-4388-A833-D05358B640D3.jpeg
    02FE95FE-E1ED-4388-A833-D05358B640D3.jpeg
    224.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 66572C01-A62E-4054-B8AF-024F09F5586B.jpeg
    66572C01-A62E-4054-B8AF-024F09F5586B.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 49
Managed to wash and dry the car in 45 mins today! The wife is very proud/relieved :)

1. Snow foam with Bilt-Hamber Auto Foam
  2. Rinse
  3. Shampoo via lance with Gyeon Q2M Bathe +
  4. Wipe
  5. Rinse
  6. Dry using the BIGBOI Mini Plus (for the first time)
Here's a picture of the amount of dirt displaced by the snow foam alone, car wasn't particularly dirty today, but you can see the brown streaks in the foam.

20201129_111949.jpg

Reactions: DaveW
That’s more like it for a maintenance wash :D

Love the Bilt Hamber foam, need to order myself a replacement soon, starting to run low
It's a really good product. I was concerned after buying it as it wasn't pH neutral, some had said that was bad for ceramic coatings.

The Forensic Detailing channel debunked that though in a video last week, applied in 20 times on a test panel and saw no impact on the ceramic effect.

Last edited:
Here's a quick video using the BIGBOI Mini Plus:

Really glad I bought it, takes about the same amount of time to dry as using towels but without the friction. Gets into the crevices far better than the towels too.

You need to get up quite high to dry the roof. From standing next to the car it won't blow the water from one side of the panel to the other, so you end up pushing the beaded water from left to right. Will use a step next time.

Here's a quick video using the BIGBOI Mini Plus:

Really glad I bought it, takes about the same amount of time to dry as using towels but without the friction. Gets into the crevices far better than the towels too.

You need to get up quite high to dry the roof. From standing next to the car it won't blow the water from one side of the panel to the other, so you end up pushing the beaded water from left to right. Will use a step next time.

Looks good, I’ve asked Santa for one, hopefully at 6ft3 I’m tall enough to clear the roof easily :)

Reactions: Medved_77
Hmmmm that’s given me an idea. With so much glass area on the M3, could the Karcher window vac work to speed up the drying process?

It works a treat for me. Sorry - I don’t know how to reference this directly by a link but I posted this in a glass cleaning discussion....

I’ve found the Karcher window vac a useful tool for drying the window/roof/window but not heard it mentioned on here before.

I’ll stop using Rain-X afterwards, now I know it’s effectively banned.

Reactions: SR-Plus
Got an hour without rain today so decided to give it a good clean. It had about 2 months of thick brown dirt covering it so took 2 hours to get off. I also don’t have a snow foam attachment so had to improvise. Quick breakdown,

1) spray bottle full of semi diluted autoglym soap 5 part soap to 1 part water in an improvised spray bottle. Coat the car

2) thorough jet wash.

3) repeat again as it still had some thick dirt.

4) McGuires soap direct application can’t remember the name it’s thick and yellow does a great cover job.

5) rinse.

6) towel dry.

7) autoglym resin wax as it’s all I had left.

D5FAEDA6-B704-4E9B-A356-D53D1070851F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Gatsojon and DaveW
Gave the car a little wash at the weekend,

Pre-wash with pro-Kleen snow foam (cherry scented.. ooo err!! ) Let soak for 10 mins
Rinse with jet wash
Snow foamed a 2nd time and hand massaged with micro fibre hand mit
Jet wash again
Then gyeon wet coat
Dried with micro fibre towel
Finished with gyeon quick detailer.

Then it rained 30 mins later!!

Attachments

• 5FD1A21B-D335-4962-B551-B35126D02E3D.jpeg
    5FD1A21B-D335-4962-B551-B35126D02E3D.jpeg
    616.5 KB · Views: 51