Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fellow car cleaning obsessives...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any advice on how to remove bird poo marks? I cleaned my car yesterday and I had two bird poos to remove which came off just with the snow foam and rinse after, however, you can see where they were and won't go!

Absolute maximum it was there was a week and was waxed 3 or 4 weeks ago so surprised it has caused any damage in this short period of time!

Any advice on how to remove bird poo marks? I cleaned my car yesterday and I had two bird poos to remove which came off just with the snow foam and rinse after, however, you can see where they were and won't go!

Absolute maximum it was there was a week and was waxed 3 or 4 weeks ago so surprised it has caused any damage in this short period of time!

Is it the ‘etching’ effect (dulled in the shape of the bird muck)?

If so, watched a beat video yesterday on YouTube about how to remove them with heat alone!

Either a heat gun on medium or a hairdryer on hot, passing over the area for 10 seconds then turning off until it goes.

It supposedly ‘reflows’ the clear coat.

Search it out on YouTube. I’ve got a bit to do on mine next clean, left a big one on there for 2 days and that’s with a ceramic coating!

Reactions: TomD

Found the video I watched

Reactions: Chalks99 and TomD
First proper wash today and the setup with the foam, two buckets, mitt and micro fibre towel worked well.

Now wanting more and a bit confused about wet coat and quick detailer. Is there value in having them both? One after the other?!

Looking for a nice glossy finish ideally :) M3P in white.

On another note what baby/wet wipes are people using for white interior that don’t scream babies and don’t smell horrendous?!

Reactions: stonecoldrmw
First proper wash today and the setup with the foam, two buckets, mitt and micro fibre towel worked well.

Now wanting more and a bit confused about wet coat and quick detailer. Is there value in having them both? One after the other?!

Looking for a nice glossy finish ideally :) M3P in white.

On another note what baby/wet wipes are people using for white interior that don’t scream babies and don’t smell horrendous?!

Wet coat is really to apply some extra gloss and hydrophobic properties. Applied mid wash.

Quick detailer helps you get a lovely streak free finish (whilst adding gloss!) after the car is dry. The link I posted earlier has a link to the Gyeon Quick Detailer product I’ve now moved to (which seems to have the highest gloss factor in some tests).

Both useful products to have.

• Informative
Reactions: Fraank and davidmc
I’ll be writing a letter about getting that knighthood taken away with talk like that! :D

The link to the basic washing guide from the first post is here if you fancy redeeming your self ;)

Cleaning your Tesla - TeslaEV.co.uk

I’ve even updated the banner image on that page of my car looking very clean in a nice leafy location :)
There has been some building work going on nearby and the car was covered in a layer of sticky grit so I washed it a few weeks ago (single bucket, old sponge) and could still feel the grit on the panels afterwards. If it gets too dirty I'll just order another ;)

So all my Gtechniq stuff has landed, might have gone a bit overboard, seems I have G1 thru G99, a product for every eventuality;) except bright sunshine and excessive heat :confused:

not that I’m complaining about this glorious weather...... well perhaps I am a little bit!

Great stuff Gtechniq, I seem to flit between them and Gyeon these days.

Sadly my car is very dusty at the moment, was way too hot to wash it this weekend

Reactions: Jez_GB
I’ve had bird poo hit the car every day since I washed it on Monday! So everytime I get the jet wash out and blast it off

is that sufficient or should I be doing something else as well?

As long as you get the bird muck off (and then dry to not let tap water give you water marks) you should be fine. the above was only for when they etch into the paint :)

I’ve had bird poo hit the car every day since I washed it on Monday! So everytime I get the jet wash out and blast it off

is that sufficient or should I be doing something else as well?
Place a wet sponge on top of it to moisten and loosen it up first, then rinse.

If you rinse straight away with force and it's dried it could mark the paint.

If you’ve already bought enough cleaning products then stop reading my post now.

Before I picked up my Tesla I wasn’t aware of this UK forum and I was reading the US forum and found a discussion on “must have’s” and I’m sure many people said you should purchase these UV wipes. I did but have never used them. I recall it was important to wipe down your dashboard to prevent damage/discolouring from the sun.

303 Products 30910 Marine & Recreation Aerospace Protectant-40, 40 Towelettes https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002YI72TS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_.p3ZEbAWMSW1Y

Any thoughts?

Are they only relevant in the sunnier parts of the US? Apologies again for all those that now feel the need to buy some if they’re unnecessary.

Reactions: stonecoldrmw