Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fellow car cleaning obsessives...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some pictures of my car after a week without washing so it's quite dirty and shouldn't be beading like this....

Applied cancoat a few weeks ago and use wet cost as a drying aid.. looks awesome!

IMG_20201101_093027.jpg
IMG_20201101_093036.jpg

Reactions: DaveW and Medved_77
Had an hour spare this afternoon, quick snow foam, rinse, wash, rinse, filtered rinse and dry (only drying because I wanted to QD it).

Started to go over with the quick detailer, but where it was starting to get colder, the car was getting condensation on it making it a bit pointless :)

View attachment 610831
Also managed to squeeze in a wash today, however when I say squeeze it did take 3.5 hours.

Was around 6 degrees and occasional showers. Really need to work out a quick wash (sub 30 mins) routine for winter. Any suggestions?

Main issue is that I struggle to know when to stop and can't really walk away if I know there's still some areas not fully detailed. I may need to move house and find a double garage.

Routine is currently:

1. Pressure wash water only
  2. Snow foam
  3. Detailing brush in crevices
  4. Wheels and inside wheel arches
  5. Rinse
  6. Bug remover
  7. Shampoo
  8. Rinse
  9. Gyeon Wet coat
  10. Rinse
  11. Dry
  12. Ceramic boost shine detailer
  13. Glass Polish
  14. Dry wheels
  15. Tyre dressing
  16. Floor mats out, pressure wash, shampoo, rinse
  17. Vacuum interior
  18. Wipe down interior with very mild detergent
  19. Vacuum interior again
  20. Interior glass
My back hurts and the neighbours are starting to take the Mickey.

Also managed to squeeze in a wash today, however when I say squeeze it did take 3.5 hours.

Was around 6 degrees and occasional showers. Really need to work out a quick wash (sub 30 mins) routine for winter. Any suggestions?

Main issue is that I struggle to know when to stop and can't really walk away if I know there's still some areas not fully detailed. I may need to move house and find a double garage.

Routine is currently:

1. Pressure wash water only
  2. Snow foam
  3. Detailing brush in crevices
  4. Wheels and inside wheel arches
  5. Rinse
  6. Bug remover
  7. Shampoo
  8. Rinse
  9. Gyeon Wet coat
  10. Rinse
  11. Dry
  12. Ceramic boost shine detailer
  13. Glass Polish
  14. Dry wheels
  15. Tyre dressing
  16. Floor mats out, pressure wash, shampoo, rinse
  17. Vacuum interior
  18. Wipe down interior with very mild detergent
  19. Vacuum interior again
  20. Interior glass
My back hurts and the neighbours are starting to take the Mickey.

I think you need a maintenance wash routine! The above is impressive, but surely not needed every wash (maybe once a month?)

Unless I’m giving the car a proper detail, I just do:

Snow foam (I tend not to rinse first as I find the foam more effective this way).
Jet wash rinse
Two bucket method wash with mitt
Jet wash rinse
Filtered water rinse

Drying optional - only tend to do this if I’m then planning a quick wipe over with quick detailer after :)

I think you need a maintenance wash routine! The above is impressive, but surely not needed every wash (maybe once a month?)

Snow foam (I tend not to rinse first as I find the foam more effective this way).
Jet wash rinse
Jet wash rinse
Filtered water rinse

Drying optional - only tend to do this if I’m then planning a quick wipe over with quick detailer after :)
Cheers Dave.

I think you're right, I need to do some mental adjustment.

Luckily no need for filtered water this far north so will try to restrict myself to the steps you mentioned.

Should have my bigboi by the end of the week so that should save on the drying time.

Reactions: DaveW
Mix snow foam pre wash (Autoglym Polar Blast)
Snow foam pre wash
mix snowfoam wash (Autoglym Polar Wash)
rinse
Snow foam wash
Light agitation of foam with wash mit
Remainder of snow foam wash
mix sealant (Autoglym Polar Seal)
rinse
Snow foam sealant avoiding windscreen
rinse
Clean windscreen (Autoglym Quick Glass)
Dry with microfiber cloth
clean kit and cloths

About an hour, including setting up, mixing, putting away, and cleaning up.

• Helpful
Reactions: Medved_77
Snow foam pre wash
rinse
Snow foam wash
rinse
rinse
clean kit and cloths

I hadn't thought about using different forms of snow foams. That could cut out the two buckets and save a bit more time, thanks!

Jet wash rinse
Jet wash rinse
Filtered water rinse

What quick detailed do you recomend?

Watching with interest! My M3LR comes next week - it's my first white car so I've just picked up some detailing supplies. Bouncers It's All White snow foam + Slick Mick shampoo, Bilt Hamber Korrosol iron remover, them Dodo Juice White Diamond carnauba wax and their Red Mist quick detailer. Hoping I won't need a polish on a new car...

Watching with interest! My M3LR comes next week - it's my first white car so I've just picked up some detailing supplies. Bouncers It's All White snow foam + Slick Mick shampoo, Bilt Hamber Korrosol iron remover, them Dodo Juice White Diamond carnauba wax and their Red Mist quick detailer. Hoping I won't need a polish on a new car...

Congrats @Roller :)

It might still need a polish I'm afraid, you'll have to check it over when you get it. Looking forward to the pictures :)

Snow foam pre wash
rinse
Snow foam wash
rinse
rinse
clean kit and cloths

My wash is near identical routine to what you described, except I have never bothered with the Autoglym windscreen cleaner at the end - do you recommend it? I do usually also use tyre dressing at the end however.

My wash is near identical routine to what you described, except I have never bothered with the Autoglym windscreen cleaner at the end - do you recommend it? I do usually also use tyre dressing at the end however.

I do it to clean off any overspray of the Polar Seal as recommended by AutoGlym. I stick with that recommendation as I've seen several screens suffer from an immoveable film buildup after something (I'm assuming silicone based treatments) being applied, so don't want that screen going the same way. I'm happy to stick to the recommendation especially since AG Fastglass does work so well it something I keep in the boot anyway.

I'm not always sure that AG don't upsell their other products to cover other scenarios, but tbh its not confined to AG, or even car cleaning products. I think there are many products out there that require several individual solutions where as years a go, one product will have done for all uses. Look at many car cleaning manufacturers product ranges and you will find a very specific product for a very specific task. So I don't really blame them for upselling a glass cleaning product for cleaning the windscreen even if another of their products will do a very reasonable job.

I wish that I had found the AG Polar range sooner - they are a revelation to me, although happy to accept that there may be better individual items that could always be used. I've got a box full of car cleaning products that I don't think I will ever touch again. The only down side is their environmental credentials, but I have thought of the impact of these products and, rightly or wrongly, I am comfortable that on balance my usage of them will have minimal additional impact over other car washing methods.

Last edited:
Reactions: Londonb