Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Felony charges for autopilot crash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the meantime I strongly believe that if the car already has the ability to warn drivers they're approaching a red light or stop sign too fast it should warn them, and it should not cost 12K to enable this feature.
Yes, sure, I always thought that cars should be given away for free.
Finally I do not believe that Tesla value money over safety,
Here. Tesla, as ANY successful corporation will always value money over safety. I have no illusion about this.

I agree and acknowledge your first 2 points. Context matters, I'll keep this in mind in the future.

Regarding your 3rd point, I don't agree that FSD is safer than assisted driving. Not yet anyway - it still has a long way to go. Also FSD includes many convenience features like summon, autopark, auto navigate and auto lane change (although this last one is debatable, the car already does warn you if there is a car in your blind spot).

In the meantime I strongly believe that if the car already has the ability to warn drivers they're approaching a red light or stop sign too fast it should warn them, and it should not cost 12K to enable this feature.

Finally I do not believe that Tesla value money over safety, and I think one day - hopefully soon - the full red light/stop sign feature will be part of the standard Autopilot - or at least a cut down version of it.
In point 3, I’m not referring to the current features of the “Full Self Driving Capability” package you can purchase today. I’m talking about the future promise of “sleep-in-the-backseat-while-your-car-drives-you” self-driving. (Insert disclaimers here about when this will exist.)