Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fender Bender

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got into a fender bender today - it only appears to be body work but I'm thinking it's still better to be fixed at a Tesla dealer rather than a regular body shop just in case something else is discovered. Any tips or an idea how long I can expect? My appointment is 12 days from now.View attachment 617131

Attachments

• Wreck.jpg
    Wreck.jpg
    439.6 KB · Views: 321
Don’t bother taking it to a service center unless it’s listed as a Tesla Body shop on the website. They don’t do any kind of paint or damage repair. I had to find this out the hard way after waiting 2 weeks for an appointment. Just take it to a Tesla certified 3rd party body shop on the website

^^^THIS — Waiting for an appointment at the Service Center is a waste of time. Good luck and sorry for your troubles....

^^^THIS — Waiting for an appointment at the Service Center is a waste of time. Good luck and sorry for your troubles....

They should really remove the “Collision” option when booking an appointment on the app. They said they’d review the pictures before the appointment but I never got anything. Just went to my SC a few days ahead of my appt to check and lo and behold they tell me to go to a certified body shop. Another “love the car hate the service” a story.

When I got rear ended I sent them pictures, they ordered a new bumper, and scheduled an appointment. No delays other than getting the part and they installed it in less than two hours. Not sure if this is the same thing as yours but my experience was great with the SC.

Reactions: mswlogo
They should really remove the “Collision” option when booking an appointment on the app. They said they’d review the pictures before the appointment but I never got anything. Just went to my SC a few days ahead of my appt to check and lo and behold they tell me to go to a certified body shop. Another “love the car hate the service” a story.
Sounds like you've been thru what I'm wondering may happen. Rear-ended & not sure if SC could/should do the work. I live within driving distance from various SCs and 2 Tesla-owned body repair centers (Pomona CA & San Juan Cap) with a ton of certified sites in my area (Southern Calif). Do you advise I try the Tesla-owned route first? Then, if it doesn't pan out for some reason (eg long wait time), try the Tesla-certified route? Also, my insurance has a list of Tesla-certified certified shops in their "network", but not sure if that's a better/faster route (will they cut corners & use 3rd party parts to save them $?).

Sounds like you've been thru what I'm wondering may happen. Rear-ended & not sure if SC could/should do the work. I live within driving distance from various SCs and 2 Tesla-owned body repair centers (Pomona CA & San Juan Cap) with a ton of certified sites in my area (Southern Calif). Do you advise I try the Tesla-owned route first? Then, if it doesn't pan out for some reason (eg long wait time), try the Tesla-certified route? Also, my insurance has a list of Tesla-certified certified shops in their "network", but not sure if that's a better/faster route (will they cut corners & use 3rd party parts to save them $?).

If I lived closer to a Tesla owned body shop I’d probably go there. I’m now currently waiting for over a week on parts getting delivered to the body shop. It’s been over a month since my incident...

Reactions: bickie