Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fender camera obscured by condensation -- my first mobile service appointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Halfway through a two-week road trip, on a rainy day of driving, the left front fender camera on our year-old MY became obscured by condensation inside the housing.

One week later, after many ambient temperature changes, driving, not driving, etc., etc., the condensation is still there.

I've booked my first mobile service appointment. I approved the estimate in advance as required. I'm curious about a couple of things.

1. I assume this is covered by warranty, so I was surprised by having to approve an estimate. But OK. Does the decision about warranty coverage get made when the tech is at the car?

2. I've searched the forums and I've seen some threads about condensation interfering with various cameras, but none about the fender cameras. Any non-intrusive home remedies I might try while I'm waiting?

Thanks!

I just noticed, don’t notice my cameras though.
1635713713853.png

@mstatkus I can't help with the camera issues, never had them. But you should check out this thread on the taillights: FIRST car wash = ruined tail light
Thanks, yeah I was trolling for a possibility the lights were not sealed. Very wet week in WA with that 'bomb cyclone' and then it shot down to 33 degrees the last 2 nights. When I got home after a 55mi drive it cleared up. I'll take note not to hit the taillights with my pressure washer. I also applied Adams Graphene so I'll spot check I didn't plug that vent hole with that coating this summer.

I went out to my old SUV that sat out in the rain and the whole windshield on the inside has condensation all over it so I can't complain after swimming in 99% humidity and the sun coming out this weekend.

On the cameras I wonder if its just ambient humidity (mine were ok), but I stumbled upon this post while I was dealing with my condensation concern. I also pre-conditioned the car a bit so it was running the AC/climate and warming the pack right before I left. Then it sat in the sun and the condensation showed up. I get blocked or blinded messages but I associated them with the angle of the sun.

Repair complete, and under warranty. The invoice says "Replaced left front turn signal/fog light".

I asked the service guy whether the likely cause was improper sealing of the light on manufacture. He said yes. I asked him whether there was anything I could have done to resolve the condensation issue myself. He said no.

Reactions: Spookynick
Repair complete, and under warranty. The invoice says "Replaced left front turn signal/fog light".

I asked the service guy whether the likely cause was improper sealing of the light on manufacture. He said yes. I asked him whether there was anything I could have done to resolve the condensation issue myself. He said no.
How long did the appt take?