Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feriolo in Lake Maggiore to Interlaken in Switzerland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, I have a model S 75d 2019. We are traveling the above route. Tesla Suggest a long route skirting the Alps from what I can see. A better Route planner suggest a better route but includes Ferries ( There doesn't seem to be any water for the ferries) but it is affecting the calculation battery wise. Can anyone think of a reason not (you climb approx 9000 feet) to go from Feriolo to the Steg-Hohtenn Supercharger and then form there on to Interlaken? Help appreciated!

Reactions: jbcarioca
Lake Maggiore - Steg-Hohtenn - Interlaken in ABRP gives me a weird set of stops at 3rd party chargers, I think something amiss with ABRP as it only wants to stop at Steg-Hohtenn for 4 minutes as a consequence.

if I don;t put Steg-Hohtenn as a waypoint it routes me the long way round

Sorry, no help, except looks like I am seeing something different to you. (Have you got any override settings that might be influencing ABRP perhaps)

EV TripPlanner shows the direct route as possible even in an S60.
EV Trip Planner
I question whether it adequately accounts for the altitude changes. Were it my trip I would depart with a 100% charge, waiting to eke out the last few electrons after the display shows 100%, and go so long as rage weather is god fir the first leg. I’s also preheat the cabin while on charger.

FWIW I have made a few mountain passages with an S70, all of which made me nervous on the way up but all worked out fine. I suspect no route planner can adequately reflect the regeneration on ascent which can be significant.

Thanks guys. On the Tesla route planner selecting a standard range model x it says it will be fine if I put Steph in as a destinations as only 75 miles but when asking for interlaken route it goes the long way. Strange!