TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ferrari California? No thanks

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Raffy.Roma, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

#1 Raffy.Roma, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    Today I was walking in the center of Rome and I met a Ferrari employee that was showing the new Ferrari California. I asked him what is the price of the new Ferrari California. He answered 220.000 euros. :scared:
    Then, since I am intersted in environmental matters, I asked him if the new Ferrari California has the start/stop device (a device to stop automatically the engine at the traffic light). He answered no. :scared:
    So I said: Thank you but I am not interested and went away. While I was leaving the Ferrari employee told me: But if you want you can test drive the Ferrari California for fifteen minutes at a price of 120 euros. :scared:

2. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

I hope the test drive is free if you're actually from California! Otherwise I'd like royalties to buy some solar panels :)

3. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

My interest in owning/driving/maintaining a Ferrari has nearly been reduced to zero after years of having posters on my walls as a kid. Thank you Elon! I await the next Roadster!

4. gene

gene Active Member

I often drive through a small shopping area of Malibu on my way to LA (residents know where I mean, where the Library is). Seems there is always 2 or 3 Ferraris. They seem so archaic. Suddenly, I would be embarrassed to own one, with all that noise they make. After owning a Model S, if it has a tailpipe, I am so not interested! Closest thing to a Ferrari that would not shame me is the Fiat 500E.

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

I've always been uninterested in the owning/maintaining part.

I still want to try out the driving part -- but only in a brief loaner-type situation.

6. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

PayPal me 120 Euros. I'll tell you how it goes.

7. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

This is nice. I'm still laughing. :biggrin:

8. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Me trying out the driving part, not some other person. ;) Thanks for the offer though.