Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ferrari to build Electric Supercar to compete with new Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find it funny Ferarri CEO Sergio Marchinonne, just last year, said they would never build an autonomous electric car. The roadster will deliver the ultimate smackdown on gas-powered cars. Good for Sergio to realize this and swallow his pride and admit EV's are the future. To me this validates Tesla's mission to accelerate the worlds transition to sustainable energy. Congrats Ferarri!

Ferrari is working on an electric supercar to compete with the next-gen Tesla Roadster

I love all of theses articles about Tesla killers. I just happen to have a couple sketches in my desk of my Tesla killer, which will be faster, go twice as far on a charge, charge in three minutes, and have an espresso machine built in.

Just have to get funding for design, testing, factory tooling, and wait for the new battery technology to get out of the lab.

• Funny
Reactions: TexasTeslaRacing
I love all of theses articles about Tesla killers. I just happen to have a couple sketches in my desk of my Tesla killer, which will be faster, go twice as far on a charge, charge in three minutes, and have an espresso machine built in.

Just have to get funding for design, testing, factory tooling, and wait for the new battery technology to get out of the lab.

Well, to be honest most car makers just follow Tesla's lead in announcing production cars way too early. Elon couldn't even wait until the Model 3 was ready for mass production, before he unveiled the next "coming in 3 years" car. While hinting at a Model Y and Pickup.

I find it funny Ferarri CEO Sergio Marchinonne, just last year, said they would never build an autonomous electric car. The roadster will deliver the ultimate smackdown on gas-powered cars. Good for Sergio to realize this and swallow his pride and admit EV's are the future. To me this validates Tesla's mission to accelerate the worlds transition to sustainable energy. Congrats Ferarri!

Ferrari is working on an electric supercar to compete with the next-gen Tesla Roadster

Yep, the Roadster had a similar effect on super car makers, as the Model 3 and S had on mass market manufacturers (and hopefully the Semi has on truck manufacturers)

I generally think more competition is better, but in this case I really don't care if Ferrari builds ICEs forever, or if they switch to EVs within a year.

Those cars aren't driven much, so the time it takes to recapture the increased carbon footprint from the battery will be high, despite the increased consumption while driving, even on the greenest grid.

For general EV perception it might be good to have at least one supercar, at least that's what some people told me after I argued that the Roadster is not an important car. But I don't really think more than one is really necessary. So good for Ferrari if they do it and surely people will buy an electric Ferrari so great for those people, too. But for me, who can't afford a quarter million dollar sports car, nor would ever buy one if I could and for the environment, it's not really important what Ferrari does.