Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Few P85s at pretty decent prices...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The prices are all over the place. There doesn't seem to be a whole lotta rhyme or reason to it. I picked up a 2014 S85 with 60,000 km for $62k....currently there are cars with similar equipment for $78k...and every once in a while they drop a few for sub market like these p85s you mentioned above.

I don't get the strategy.

I've been watching the Canadian CPO section for a a few months now, and I also cannot understand their pricing policy. Sometimes these cars move up or down after being listed. The blue P85 (#3 on the list above) started at $75K, then went up to $79K after a few days.

The grey P85+ (#1) has been a part of the loaner fleet for a while. We drove it a few weeks ago, it felt pretty beat up.

• Informative
Reactions: S'toon
Actually, I think I've changed my mind... If I were in the market right now, and with the recent changes to the Ontario rebate program, I would get a brand new 60 and only add glass roof and AP. With rebate and referral that would come in around 90k net pre tax. I could probably justify the extra 15k after tax vs one of those CPO p85s, to have AP2 and a brand new car.

Although.... I'd definitely upgrade the colour to red or white, so then it's more like net 17.5k more, so it would be a tough call. AP is such a game changer though.

A base S60 would not be equipped nearly as well as those P85s. Most of them come with tech/subzero/uhfs, all those little things you use every day. I'd pick them over AP any day, but that's obviously a personal preference.

Def a personal preference. I would easily trade uhf, subzero, air sus, and leather, for new with AP. Most of tech is now included anyway, plus AP2 future features, new front end, new factor, better build.

I don't think prices have changed too much in the last 2 years. My Sig Red Performance was $80.7k with 20k on it in April of 2015. The dollar and associated price increases probably account for most of this.

AP doesn't do much for me - I feel i wouldn't use it very often, but the other features (don't forget the supercharging!) of the loaded CPO cars I use everyday. Including 0-60 time of ~4 seconds. ;)

Reactions: TomatoOne
Def a personal preference. I would easily trade uhf, subzero, air sus, and leather, for new with AP. Most of tech is now included anyway, plus AP2 future features, new front end, new factor, better build.
I think you are mistaken. AP 2 will never really be more than AP 1 in the sense that it won't ever be truly autonomous driving, ever, like AP 1.
Both systems, will ALWAYS have the steering wheel Nag and that won't go away, ever.
Giving up the other amenities is probably not a good idea. The suspension, radio and heated steering wheel in my car are always in use.
The only advantage to AP is the TACC.

A base 60 today is a lot more car than it was in 2014. I just received my 60D with only subzero and AP2. I would have went with glass roof but hadn't seen one in person and now I'm kicking myself. Still the base car is pretty much identical to my 2014 S85 that has Tech package and Leather seats, minus the useless door handle LEDs and the fog lights which are useless 99% of the time too. The new standard textile seats are awesome and I like them more than the original leather seats. They also heat up a lot faster than the leather seats. The single biggest improvement that I use every day is the heated steering wheel which totally rocks! I think for a base car a 60 with only subzero is a fantastic car for the price especially in Ontario. I definitely recommend one over a CPO.

Base 60 in 2014: $80000-8000?=$72000 no supercharging, no nav, no maps, limited battery warranty.
Base 60 today: 92500-14000-1200 referral=$77300, supercharging, most of tech pack, Charge to 100%, upgrade-able to 75. More cup holders!! CUP HOLDERS!!!

(no drinking in the car)

Edit: Base car comes with power lift-gate in Canada. I think it was past of the Tech pack before.

Last edited:
I bought my 2013 P85 used with only 15k kms in absolute mint and perfect condition 2 years ago in May 2015. Fully loaded except dual chargers.
I paid $87,000. It does 0-60 in 4.2 sec.
Not interested in Dual motors because being a snowbird my snow driving is limited and if the weather is too bad, I don't go out. I love the extra room in the frunk because its only rear wheel drive and snow birding to Florida requires all the room you can get. Has 55,000 km's and the range is 405 km's on a full charge. Trips to Miami and back to Canada using Superchargers are wonderful and any extra range would never be used. We stop every 2.5 hours regardless. Might as well charge.
I baby the thing and it remains as close to mint condition. I still have 4 years left on the battery and drivetrain.
Most warranty replacements have been done including new drivetrain, brakes and handles etc...
If someone offered $80,000 today, I would turn it down. Why? Because the car is perfect for my use, it has advantages over many of the newer models and many of the new features such as AP would never be used, not because I do not like it but my wife is a very insecure passenger and 90% of the time we travel together.

If your needs match the car, most Tesla's are babied, find a low mileage 2 year old and enjoy. They are priced mostly right and the best deal may not be the cheapest.

That being said, next gen seats would be nice.....

I agree with going with a CPO instead of a new car in some cases. In my opinion, what you get with a fully loaded 2014 P85 for $75k is much more than a new base for close to a $100k (if you just add one option) minus the rebate. You would save around $10k, get 80km+ more range, and have tons of options. I personally don't care about the P that much but it's a plus.

I agree with going with a CPO instead of a new car in some cases. In my opinion, what you get with a fully loaded 2014 P85 for $75k is much more than a new base for close to a $100k (if you just add one option) minus the rebate. You would save around $10k, get 80km+ more range, and have tons of options. I personally don't care about the P that much but it's a plus.

A lot of 60D owners are saying they get the same range as their old 85s did. Being actually a 75 pack I'm guessing they get to use every ounce of the 60kwh. Also the D being a bit more efficient. Pretty sweet to supercharge up to 100% at a much higher rate of charge as well.

A base 60 today is a lot more car than it was in 2014. I just received my 60D with only subzero and AP2. I would have went with glass roof but hadn't seen one in person and now I'm kicking myself. Still the base car is pretty much identical to my 2014 S85 that has Tech package and Leather seats, minus the useless door handle LEDs and the fog lights which are useless 99% of the time too. The new standard textile seats are awesome and I like them more than the original leather seats. They also heat up a lot faster than the leather seats. The single biggest improvement that I use every day is the heated steering wheel which totally rocks! I think for a base car a 60 with only subzero is a fantastic car for the price especially in Ontario. I definitely recommend one over a CPO.

Base 60 in 2014: $80000-8000?=$72000 no supercharging, no nav, no maps, limited battery warranty.
Base 60 today: 92500-14000-1200 referral=$77300, supercharging, most of tech pack, Charge to 100%, upgrade-able to 75. More cup holders!! CUP HOLDERS!!!

(no drinking in the car)

Edit: Base car comes with power lift-gate in Canada. I think it was past of the Tech pack before.

The base 60 comes with Heated front seats and a heated steering wheel in Canada?