Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Few questions and issues on the first 1K miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So far happy with the red 3LR got it on the 17th Sept did 50 miles returning home from NEC and on the next day went for a 2 week stay vacation doing 600 miles round trip. so in the deep end quick. Did a couple of super charges, local charges so got to use chargers which I wont normally do. Got zap map and found the issues of downloading different apps for each charge point and trying to connect with little or no mobile data...

question 1.
On the screen I am constantly seeing lanes jumping around and sensors showing yellow and red for no apparent reason. Mainly on the left passenger / near side. Sensors all clear and had it from day 1. Even had lorries showing drifting and half in my lane on the screen so a few sudden alarms and even sudden breaking on auto and auto steer. Is this normall or a service call needed.

question 2
After its first wash the near side rear light cluster on the boot is showing fogging. Guess this is a service call

question 3
Got odd colour bolts in all but drivers door hinges. All 3 other doors both hinges its the lower ones are black and look unpainted. Looks like they put 1 bolt in and paint then fix second bolts post paint but forget to paint them... service call ?

Question 4
In the boot the inside parcel shelf is gold colour not red. Unsure how annoyed / disappointed I am with this.

Just briefly.

q1 - Normal. Also uninteresting, because we still have the old autopilot. But the new one has been tested for a while and will eventually get into our cars. It is significantly better than the old one, judging from test videos.

q2 - May need repair. Apparently not water-tight.

q3 - I guess your judgment is correct. Needs work. I had something similar on my car, but only in one point.

q4 - Unsure about this. Probably normal. Anyway, no big deal. Who looks there?

Upvote 0