TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Fiat 500e for $49 a month, $0 down...

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by e-FTW, Nov 26, 2016.

1. e-FTW

e-FTW New electron smell

• Like x 1
  2. patrick40363

patrick40363 Member

Go to the dealer website and see the conditions.

3. e-FTW

e-FTW New electron smell

#3 e-FTW, Nov 26, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    Yes, I got some info from colleagues that the $0 down is a bit of a pipe dream. And the monthly may end up being more like $150. Still cheap for an EV imho. But close to false advertising.
    More details here, zoom on on the conditions at the top right of the page: 317 New FIAT 500e in Stock Serving Newport Beach, Mission Viejo, Huntington Beach, Long Beach, Riverside, Garden Grove, Orange County, and Santa Monica - Orange Coast Alfa Romeo and FIAT

4. MissAutobahn

MissAutobahn Elon, please ramp up Fremont in ludicrous mode!

I would love to drive 500e here in Europe... We don't have them here :(

• Like x 1
  5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

The 500e is a pure CARB compliance car, so not surprised they aren't available in Germany. Fiat isn't at all serious about building EVs.

• Disagree x 1
  6. e-FTW

e-FTW New electron smell

To be fair Chrysler seems to have done a decent job with the Pacifica PHEV. Even though they just call it hybrid...
    But I agree: Fiat-Chrysler is really lagging.

7. 3Victoria

3Victoria Active Member

"California Dreaming" ... yes, mucho choice of EVs in California. Much less here.

• Like x 1
  8. green1

green1 Active Member

And even less here... (I talked to someone driving a Kia Soul EV in Calgary, they had to go to Vancouver to get it.)
    To purchase locally you're talking Tesla or Leaf. I doubt you'd find any other EV for sale in this city.

• Informative x 1
  9. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

The only EV available here is the Volt. The nearest Leaf Dealer is in North Battleford, and that's out of the driving distance of the Leaf to here. Our province is more backwards than Alberta now. Think about that one...

10. green1

green1 Active Member

You're also the one with an economy that hasn't completely tanked yet, so it's not all bad.

I didn't mention the Volt in my post because I discounted anything with an ICE from the "EV" category (though it's an awesome hybrid)

11. drees

drees Active Member

#11 drees, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    Looking at the details, I don't think it's hard to get the $50/mo deal (excluding taxes, fees, etc) unless I'm missing something.

Only thing slightly shady is that you actually pay $2500 down, but then you apply the CA EV Rebate and get that check from the state later.

The only really questionable item is the $1000 lease conquest rebate - but if you drive a car of another make, you should qualify.

$50/mo is very tempting - Biggest question would be how much will it cost to insure - that could cost as much as the lease.

• Like x 1
  12. gene

gene Supporting Member

Tempting, but it's a death trap of a car. Having lost a family member in a small car with a better safety rating than the 500e (2005 Prius) I wouldn't want my family in this Fiat.