TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Figured Ash Wood Care

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by DoubleACL, May 20, 2017.

1. DoubleACL

DoubleACL Member

Aside from having tinted windows to reduce UV damage, is there anything that should be done to care for the trim, such as with wood finish products used for wood furniture?

2. ZERO260

ZERO260 Member

I have the same trim. Easy to maintain. Nice coat of lacquer. Microfiber towel to wipe dust or finger prints is all that's required.

3. JasJ

JasJ Member

What lacquer do you use?

4. ZERO260

ZERO260 Member

The trim has factory clear coat. I do not apply lacquer.

• Informative x 1
  5. timvracer

timvracer Member

I had my entire interior ceramic coated - it is now super hydraphobic, even the carpet. Spill on it, and you just pour it off.. does not soak into the fibers. same with dash, alcantara, leather seats -- even did the windows, which makes them super easy to clean!

6. Texas

Texas Member

I have obeche wood matte finish. It didn't have the visual quality of real wood, so I applied 3 or 4 light coats of natural (soft) paste wax with a high beeswax content. I polished each coat with a low speed lamb's wool buffer. At the end of this process the obeche acquired the subtle luster of fine furniture. It still looks great after a year.