Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Figured out Pixel 2 Bluetooth constantly disconnecting issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/8mm161/tesla_model_3_bluetooth_contact_sync_fix/ 11 months ago 6/2018

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
I have struggled with Bluetooth Contacts/Call History Sync problems since taking possession of our Tesla Model 3 LR AWD on 10/31/2018. My workaround was to Disable Contacts/Call History, which makes hands-free calling all but impossible. I had a Google Pixel XL cellphone, finally gave up and upgraded to a new Samsung Galaxy Note 9, but the Sync problem persisted. I performed a careful search of all 1000+ of my Google/Gmail Contacts for the "&" character and replaced it with "and" (or deleted the offending Contact) in every case, after a second pass today 5/6/2019 this FINALLY fixed the Sync problem after nearly 6 months and 6 different Tesla Service Requests / Tesla Service Center visits. Note that the characters ,./()- are all perfectly OK, just the character & appears to cause the problem (and perhaps the unusual characters #!@$%^*<>+= used in the contact title/name ???). You would think Tesla would fix this, they admitted to me that they have had many owners who have had this same Contacts Sync problem. I am running Tesla Model 3 Software Version 2019.12.1.2. 5c87371 (just installed 5/5/2019).