Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Filed Lemon Law for my Model S Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is said here can bias an enquiry which might explain the lack of detail. However, if that were the case, why post at all?

Posts in another thread point to vibration on acceleration in the 40 mph range being at least one of the issues.
Yep. I have a Plaid and get the pedal vibration from 39'ish to around 52. I spoke to a tech who "supposedly" works only on the Plaids and he said it's a known issue and sitting with engineering. This was about a month ago but I have a service appointment in the morning for a different issue and I plan on asking him for an update.

Reactions: 06z_
Details: "Adaptive ride control system disabled. Drive with caution. Maximum speed has been reduced to 85mph" The car has no active struts and bounces violently when driving. No resolution to the problem after five attempts to repair the car. State Attorney office now involved.
That’s unfortunate. I hope Tesla can make it right. If they can’t fix it they should provide you with a new car.

Reactions: Jpandes
I am 20 days into a repair that I just got an update, saying it will be another 2.5 weeks - putting it over the 30 day limit for the California lemon law. I notified Tesla (thanks for leaving me only text messaging as a form of contact, guys), that they are running out of time.

By the way, the car experienced a major computer failure while the service tech was here diagnosing why my charge port won't open with the handle button. Not certain if it was related or not, there were a few smaller service codes from earlier in the day according to the logs.

But now the car is unable to communicate with the front computer preventing all sorts of assisted driving services, including power steering. I live 10 miles from the plant, so it seems unacceptable that they are unable to repair this more quickly - if they didn't put parts for new orders ahead of existing orders, that is.

Reactions: Sigma4Life
Here is a selection of the alerts that suddenly started after my mobile service appointment:

Attachments

• IMG_0835.jpeg
    IMG_0835.jpeg
    819.5 KB · Views: 250
Here is a selection of the alerts that suddenly started after my mobile service appointment:
Hi - I have exactly the same problem this morning. Have a 2021 SLR. Everything was fine yesterday. Plugged it in overnight to charge. Unplugged it this morning and got it to go out and have all of the same systems failures as you. Can't call service and on the app the next available appointment it 2 weeks out over 60 miles away from me. Would like to just get a hold of someone! If it takes them that long, I need to look into suspending the lease payments. I assume you haven't gotten a resolution yet. Thanks

Good morning. I have the same issues. Have a 2021 SLR. It was fine yesterday. Charged it last night and this morning all of the same errors that you got came up. Car is basically undriveable. Impossible to call service and through app next appointment is 2 weeks out and 60 miles away! Would like to at least speak with someone. Also if they really take that long, I want to suspend my lease payments. I assume you've had no resolution yet. Thanks

I had many of the same warnings. ALignment was also off. Brought it to one service center 3 times. Kept telling me it was fixed and it wasn't. Finally went to a different service center and they fixed on the first round. Service centers are DIFFERENT. My first Tesla and it was a huge lesson.

Follow up... the day after I mentioned the lemon law they were approaching, the parts finally arrived. They replaced the body controller module. It's been fine since.

But I did notice another issue after getting the car detailed to remove the hand prints left after service... something I thought was just some grime on the windshield just couldn't be removed by my detail shop. It ended up being overspray, and my local service center quickly replaced the windshield the following week.

Now I am tracking two more issues that I need resolved - a charge port that will only open when manually pushed (might just be a known firmware bug), and the latest... some motor is constantly running in the car while it is turned off in the garage and not plugged in, leading to a 1 mile drain per hour.

This is my third Tesla, and each one has had a worse quality than the one before it. :(

I do give credit to the service center for trying their hardest.

• Informative
Reactions: Missile Toad