Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Filter by Hotels with PlugShare

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hotel filter implemented to only search for hotels with charging accommodations in our Tesla optimized browser PlugShare - EV Charging Station Map - Find the nearest location to charge your electric car! (see attached screenshot). Here is a link to our FAQ that explains how to search for hotels with charging within our mobile app as well How can I locate hotels with charging? - Frequently Asked Questions.

Please check it out and send us your feedback. We are always trying to improve PlugShare for our users.

Attachments

• Filter by Hotels.png
    Filter by Hotels.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 856
Thanks. Will all of these great changes you are making make their way over to the mobile apps at some point?

Just tried the iPhone app, and it works now to filter just hotels.

When you're in the map mode, just tap the Search (magnifying glass) in the top right.

You'll be presented with "Everything, Hotels, Food" as filter options. Select Hotels, and voila!

Great addition indeed!

Great. Thanks for checking that.

When I searched I found an apartment that is listed under hotels. How do your correct this kind of information? I clicked on edit but didn't see anything. Thanks.

I am having problems editing anything after the Recargo site was decommissioned and everything went to just PlugShare. None of my edits take effect and some of the edits I did in Recargo don't show up on the PlugShare site. And how soon until we see a Windows Phone app?

Nice improvement. I think it would be even more helpful if there was a filter for locations near (within 1/4 mile) of a hotel. In my travels I find that most hotels are still slow to get on the bandwagon but that there are chargers nearby. the problem is identifying the hotel/charger combination takes a lot of work.

Yes EXCELLENT! Now I checked the Android Plugshare app and it does not have the very useful filter. Is that to be added soon?
Yes, adding this feature to Android is on our roadmap. We started in iOS as BETA, same with our Tesla optimized browser.

- - - Updated - - -

We should definitely add B&Bs, I will add that to the list. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I am having problems editing anything after the Recargo site was decommissioned and everything went to just PlugShare. None of my edits take effect and some of the edits I did in Recargo don't show up on the PlugShare site. And how soon until we see a Windows Phone app?

I got your message sent to [email protected]. We are working on integrating all of the data from Recargo into PlugShare. I will continue to help you via our customer service email.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice improvement. I think it would be even more helpful if there was a filter for locations near (within 1/4 mile) of a hotel. In my travels I find that most hotels are still slow to get on the bandwagon but that there are chargers nearby. the problem is identifying the hotel/charger combination takes a lot of work.

Yes, thank you for that suggestion. We do want to show charging stations in the area. We have plans to make this more of a hotel directory in the future and integrate a 'nearby' feature. This is all in the beginning stages and we appreciate your feedback so we can continue improvements.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, thank you for that suggestion. We do want to show charging stations in the area. We have plans to make this more of a hotel directory in the future and integrate a 'nearby' feature. This is all in the beginning stages and we appreciate your feedback so we can continue improvements.

Hotel filter implemented to only search for hotels with charging accommodations in our Tesla optimized browser PlugShare - EV Charging Station Map - Find the nearest location to charge your electric car! (see attached screenshot). Here is a link to our FAQ that explains how to search for hotels with charging within our mobile app as well How can I locate hotels with charging? - Frequently Asked Questions.

Please check it out and send us your feedback. We are always trying to improve PlugShare for our users.

Hi Jordin,

Thanks for this important enhancement.

I sent out a mass emailing to our club membership last night informing them of this application.

One of my club members is having difficulty finding the beta option for iPhone.

Can you assist?

Thanks.

Larry

Hi Jordin,

Thanks for this important enhancement.

I sent out a mass emailing to our club membership last night informing them of this application.

One of my club members is having difficulty finding the beta option for iPhone.

Can you assist?

Thanks.

Larry

Hi Larry,

That's awesome, thanks for spreading the word! Here is a link to our FAQ: http://faq.plugshare.com/article/54-how-can-i-locate-hotels-with-charging

Please let me know if anyone has any other questions. [email protected]

Hi Larry,

That's awesome, thanks for spreading the word! Here is a link to our FAQ: http://faq.plugshare.com/article/54-how-can-i-locate-hotels-with-charging

Please let me know if anyone has any other questions. [email protected]

Hi Jordin,

Thanks for the response.

I provided that link to my membership in my initial mass mailing. However, it doesn't address the question posed.

How does one go about obtaining the mobile iPhone application?

One of my members mentioned thaty he "tried the browser and appstore" without success. I don't have an iPhone to provide advice.

Can you provide specific instructions on how to obtain the mobile application for iPhones?

Thanks.

Larry

Hi Jordin,

Thanks for the response.

I provided that link to my membership in my initial mass mailing. However, it doesn't address the question posed.

One of my members mentioned thaty he "tried the browser and appstore" without success. I don't have an iPhone to provide advice.

Can you provide specific instructions on how to obtain the mobile application for iPhones?

Thanks.

Larry

Ahh, I see, I thought they needed help finding the hotel filter within the app. The PlugShare mobile app for iPhone is available in the app store. I apologize if there was any confusion, our Model S optimized browser is only available on the web and can be accessed through your computer or the Tesla in dash system, there is no separate PlugShare Tesla mobile app. Our regular PlugShare app is available in the app store.

Hi Jordin,

Thanks for the response.

Thanks.

Larry

If they click on App Store app on the iPhone then have them click on the search icon. Then type

Plugshare

in and it should appear.