TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Filtered Tesla Inventory Search: www.TeslaInventory.com

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by DÆrik, Mar 18, 2016.

1. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

Hello,

A friend and I (long time TMC member/long time TMC lurker) are searching to each buy our own Model S and decided to create a Tesla inventory search site to help us find our exact match. We tried to make it as user friendly as possible and provide us with the ability to click any options we wanted and search by them.

You can check it out at www.TeslaInventory.com.

Here are some of the features we have implemented:
    - Our list of filters is very specific allowing you to find different versions of options like: subzero package with/without heated steering wheel, older/newer panoramic roof, seat type and material, etc.
    - List of available vehicles is updated constantly throughout the day.
    - USA & Canada (other countries coming soon).
    - Ability to save custom searches for easy access.
    - Favorites - ability to mark cars as favorites to quickly view them in your search results.

Beta features:
    - Ability to receive email alerts when new cars match your search criteria and when current cars have a change in price. Alerts can be toggled on/off.
    - Historical data (price updates).

Upcoming features we have been playing around with in our free time:
    - Estimated original price.
    - SMS notifications.
    - Ability to hide/show which columns are displayed in the search results table.

If you have any questions/comments, please post them here. We would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks Erik

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

We were able to finalize the alerts so it only sends emails when a new addition matches your saved search or the price of a vehicle that has previously been emailed drops.

Also we have added the ability to hover over the clock next to the price to see what price changes have occurred.

Thanks for all the great feedback! Keep the suggestions coming. We certainly appreciate it.

Thanks Erik

• Helpful x 1
  3. DougH

DougH Active Member

Cheat on Hank.....NEVER!

• Helpful x 1
  4. 2krazykats

2krazykats Member

Can you make it more mobile friendly? On iPad with Safari, the width of page is too wide.

Like the clean look and color scheme as it is similar to Tesla's.

5. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

Hello,

We have been using it on several desktops, laptops, android phones, and android tablets with google chrome and it sizes correctly. I will see if I can access a friends iPhone/iPad and see what I can do. We are going to try to make the filters collapsible on mobile devices.

As far as everything else goes, with all the talk on the forums about price discounts on the "non-refreshed" vehicles, we have had several members reach out about wanting to see discounts without having to look through the history car by car. So we have added a "Discount" column. This column shows the price difference from when it was first imported to now. There is one P90D (with Ludicrous) that is $10,800 off! There are also quite a few cars that are 4-6k off. To be able to see the discounts column you need to be a registered user.

Check out the updates: www.TeslaInventory.com

Thanks Erik

TeslaInventory discount screenshot.JPG

• Like x 1
  6. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

Some more Inventory news! Tesla Motors has added 27 of the REFRESHED model S to their site today.

15 are 70D, 6 are 90D, & 6 are P90D! Check them out at: Tesla Inventory. I have updated the site to show "Refresh" on the left under "Model/Trim" to make them easily found. In addition to a "Refresh" option, I updated it to show the new 48 & 72 Amp chargers.

Thanks Erik

Capture.JPG

• Like x 1
  7. eclipxe

eclipxe Member

Thanks for the updates!

8. Pando

Pando Member

Very cool!

9. kimi1983

kimi1983 New Member

Hello,

what about Europe Regioun ?

best regards

10. davidc18

davidc18 Member

Great site. Thanks.

11. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Member

How often do you update the list? I was looking and all of the P85+ models that I clicked on were listed as already purchased.

12. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

Thanks everyone.

The site is updated every 10 minutes. However the import must have gotten stuck last night when the new changes were added. I have fixed this do it is up to date. Currently it is showing 1 P85+.

Europe is coming soon!

Thanks Erik

• Informative x 1
  13. No2DinosaurFuel

How does one setup email alerts?

Great website btw.
    Thanks.

14. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

Hello,

Thanks for the input! I am actually in the process of creating a FAQ page for site usability.

1) To set up email alerts, you first need to be a registered user. It is free to do and the site utilizes an SSL for security.
    2) Create a saved search.
    a) To create a saved search, Click on the filters you want and once the results have refreshed. Click the "Saved Searches" button on the top.
    *(Currently, you can't save a search if there isn't at least one currently available match. However I am working on a fix for this issue and should have it resolved soon)*
    b) This will cause a pop-up window to open. At the bottom of the window there is a "Save New Search" area.
    c) Enter a name for your search in the box and click "Save Search".​
    3) Once the saved search is saved, click the "Saved Searches" button on the top of the main page again. This will open the saved search pop-up.
    4) Your saved search will appear at the top of the pop-up. There are three buttons next to your saved search.
    a) The first button will save the current search over the saved search. This is used as a way to modify a saved search.
    b) The second button is used to delete the saved search.
    c) The third button is used to toggle the email alerts on/off. Email alerts on on by default.

Hopefully that helps. If you have any questions or something isn't quite clear, please let me know.

Thanks Erik

15. No2DinosaurFuel

Thanks that did it. I'm looking forward to the alerts. You really saved me a lot of time. I was planning to build a tracker myself for personal use, but I guess this is better.

16. viperboy

viperboy Member

Cool site. I've got to ask though, what do you mean by new Panoramic vs old Pano roof? How can you tell?

17. 0exhausts

0exhausts Member

Looks like refreshes are all sold (Based on Vin's in screenshot)? Or does site no longer display them?

18. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

Happy to help!

The panoramic roof underwent a significant change which also came with a new option code from Tesla. Since I am using the option codes to identify what car has what, I figured people might want to know the older vs newer roof. Here is a link to the thread which goes into more detail about the differences: New Panoramic Roof - Good news/bad news

All the refreshed disappeared a few days after they were put up. They all disappeared on the same day though, so I would think they accidentally put them up for sale and weren't supposed to.

Thanks Erik

19. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

Hello,

While at the GigaFactory grand opening Tesla released an updated site for their Inventory & CPO cars. This changed how we collect our data and incorporate our links back to Tesla's site to view the car or purchase the car. We are working on fixing this and hope to have it fixed later today.

Until it is fixed, all links to Tesla's site have been removed. But hopefully everything will be back up and running tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks Erik

20. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

Thanks everyone for testing everything out. Everything looks to be in working order! Tesla had changed around how they had the data stored.

Thanks Erik

• Like x 2