Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Final costs of Tesla Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who can direct me to some or some where to break down the final costs of ordering a Y above the sticker. I don’t want to be shocked at additional casts when I pick up the car.
My purchase agreement has the following charges in addition to the vehicle cost:
  • Destination fee: $1125.00
  • Documentation fee: $75.00
  • Title fee: $85.00
  • Registration amount: $311.00
  • Order processing fee: $9.85

Here's what mine looked like - taxes will vary state to state.
Screenshot_20210313-174230.png

Reactions: JBT66
I was wondering this too before I purchased. It had been a while since I purchased a brand new car so I couldn't remember all the associated taxes and fees. Here's my breakdown for a pearl white/all black LR AWD with 20" inductions ordered on April 13 in Los Angeles County:

Price Details​

Model Y $39,990.00
20’’ Induction Wheels $2,000.00
Long Range All-Wheel Drive $10,500.00
Destination Fee $1,125.00
Documentation Fee $75.00
Order Fee $100.00
Car Price $53,790.00

Additional Charges​

Tire Fee $7.00
License Fee $349.00
Electronic Filing Fee $30.00
Registration Amount $269.00
Sales Tax $5,110.06

Total Cost of Vehicle​

$59,555.06​

Payments Received​

Order Deposit
- $100.00
All dates and times in UTC

Additional Credits​

CA Clean Fuel Reward
- $1,500.00
Contingent on residents signing any required documentation

Amount Due​

$57,955.06​

1200 bucks plus your state registration / sales tax fees. Teslas do not have hidden costs.
They don’t have “hidden” fees but at least in Colorado they don’t pay all of the taxes that the state collects so the amount you have to pay to register your car will likely be higher than other cars. Pretty sure I had to pay around $3k at registration.

Tesla can tell you the final number for your location. In Arizona, the license and registration is only $90 for 5 years on EVs and the only tax is the city sales tax that is the same you pay at any store (8% for me). That differs from some of the other posts in other locations so you can see that it depends. But those items already mentioned should really be it.

They don’t have “hidden” fees but at least in Colorado they don’t pay all of the taxes that the state collects so the amount you have to pay to register your car will likely be higher than other cars. Pretty sure I had to pay around $3k at registration.
You mean they didn’t collect all the taxes required? Colorado has a personal property tax on vehicles. So, not a hidden fee.