TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Final Costs

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by TheoEr, Jul 2, 2018.

1. TheoEr

TheoEr New Member

I was about to configure my Model 3 and decided to read the purchase agreement. I am in Canada. There is a $3200 fee to be paid when you configure your vehicle and submit to Tesla. I am unclear as to whether or not this is applied to the purchase price. The purchase agreement says "it is not a deposit" and states there are many things that need to occur like "“locate the vehicle” and second “coordinate shipment”. I understand that it is not refundable but do not see how it could cost $3200 to 'locate' the vehicle- a quick computer search? the Tesla factory perhaps?....
    Since last Friday, I have emailed and I have tried to phone. It is not possible to reach anyone by phone- " because of the volume of calls.......please call back in the future."
    There is already an additional $1300 delivery and documentation fee listed after the total given once you have configured.
    Does anybody know whether the $3200 downpayment is an additional fee or is it applied to the total cost with the original $1000?

Has anyone experienced any other extra fees aside from the expected taxes for your area?

Thanks
    TheoEr

2. rhaekar

rhaekar Member

It's a down payment. They say it's not a deposit because it's not refundable. Once you configure and drop the second payment your car is ordered. When you do your final payment at delivery they'll have the breakdown with the original $1000 and $3200 subtracted from the price.

3. marusan

marusan Member

From the agreement:

"When you take delivery of the vehicle we will provide a credit to the final purchase price of your Vehicle equivalent to the amount of the Order Payment you paid."​

• Like x 1
  4. TheoEr

TheoEr New Member

Great! thanks for the clarification .