Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who have purchased the FSD package and got HD 3.0 in their Model3,

So, I had purchased the FSD package some times last year and got an email that my Model-3 is next in line to get the new HD 3.0. (it currently has HD 2.5).

My question is how long does the actual installation process takes and what are the improvements you folks have observed during driving the car, post install?

Am pretty much excited.... and looking forward for my appt next week.

Thanks!!

For those who have purchased the FSD package and got HD 3.0 in their Model3,

So, I had purchased the FSD package some times last year and got an email that my Model-3 is next in line to get the new HD 3.0. (it currently has HD 2.5).

My question is how long does the actual installation process takes and what are the improvements you folks have observed during driving the car, post install?

Am pretty much excited.... and looking forward for my appt next week.

4 hours including new tires , new cabin filter and brake fluid check
Also got a nice Model S loaner.

Thanks!!

We had ours done today. We dropped it of at 8:30, and it was done by 4:00. I only drove it home, but there is a big difference in the braking. Essentially, it’s just one pedal now. I’ll spend more time looking it over tomorrow.

Congrats! But, currently on HW 2.5 I too do have the option of "one-pedal-drive", it was added in one of their software upgrades around 6-8 months back.

Reactions: not4antoher
Just got my upgrade about a week ago. Took ~2hrs in my garage, but one mobile tech was training another, so this may have slowed things down a bit. Only changes are the new visualizations, so the car now sees and shows stop signs, stop lights, trash cans, bicycle riders and pedestrians. It also sees and shows turn lanes, left and right. Of course you have to enable the FSD Visualizations to see all the new stuff. It will also stop and stop signs and stop lights when using auto steer, when this new option is also enabled. However, you cannot adjust the speed to 5mph over the speed limit as you can when this feature is not enabled. I find myself using the accelerator pedal a lot more when I have this feature on. It takes some getting used to, as you have to use the right stalk to confirm moving through a light, otherwise the car will stop at a green light. However, you can also use the accelerator to override the stop at green, and since I'm using the accelerator a lot more now, the use of the stalk has become secondary. Outside of new visualizations and stopping at stop lights/signs I have not noticed any other real changes.

• Helpful
Reactions: Kentrock1
Just got my upgrade about a week ago. Took ~2hrs in my garage, but one mobile tech was training another, so this may have slowed things down a bit. Only changes are the new visualizations, so the car now sees and shows stop signs, stop lights, trash cans, bicycle riders and pedestrians. It also sees and shows turn lanes, left and right. Of course you have to enable the FSD Visualizations to see all the new stuff. It will also stop and stop signs and stop lights when using auto steer, when this new option is also enabled. However, you cannot adjust the speed to 5mph over the speed limit as you can when this feature is not enabled. I find myself using the accelerator pedal a lot more when I have this feature on. It takes some getting used to, as you have to use the right stalk to confirm moving through a light, otherwise the car will stop at a green light. However, you can also use the accelerator to override the stop at green, and since I'm using the accelerator a lot more now, the use of the stalk has become secondary. Outside of new visualizations and stopping at stop lights/signs I have not noticed any other real changes.

Thanks for the explanation, so the car doesn't differentiate between green/amber/red signal colors?

I'm having the upgrade done in my Model X as we speak. I expect a lot of improvement in performance with the new computer as the model x was getting painfully slow to load navigation pages and such. I am considering the upgrade for the model 3 but curious if there is any improvement in speed as well. Of course the model 3 computer is not currently that slow since its a new model.

Thanks for the explanation, so the car doesn't differentiate between green/amber/red signal colors?
It does reflect the different coloring on the display. However, to proceed through an intersection when the light is green also requires an input on the right stalk or by pressing the accelerator. When you approach a red light, no input is required and the car will fully stop on its own, until the light turns green, then you have to use the right stalk or press the accelerator to allow it to move through the intersection. Based on some of the things I'm hearing is some of the Early Access Program (EAP) threads, there is possibly an update coming that might remove the need for input to go through a green light intersection. This would be nice to have, especially when driving in downtown areas where there are lights every couple hundred feet. We'll see though when the next FW is released. People in the EAP get features a lot sooner that the rest of us, but a lot of times those early FWs break other things that were working.

Reactions: Kentrock1