Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Final Payment before Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any advice outside of TX or MI isn't relevant. Texas purchases are not normal.

How long do I have to pay off the remaining balance before delivery from the date of getting the email?

I assume "...getting the email..." is the VIN from Tesla?

TX purchases are weird, but based on the answers to my question in the MY area, TX buyers have indeed paid in full for their cars prior to delivery. I'm navigating this myself at the moment, as I am not comfortable handing ANYONE a check for close to $60k without even seeing the vehicle. My concern is that the delivery process will stop if they don't have the money in hand.

I recommend you discuss this with your local Tesla contact, or phone the Gallery Support Team at 510-249-3100.

Any advice outside of TX or MI isn't relevant. Texas purchases are not normal.

I assume "...getting the email..." is the VIN from Tesla?

TX purchases are weird, but based on the answers to my question in the MY area, TX buyers have indeed paid in full for their cars prior to delivery. I'm navigating this myself at the moment, as I am not comfortable handing ANYONE a check for close to $60k without even seeing the vehicle. My concern is that the delivery process will stop if they don't have the money in hand.

I recommend you discuss this with your local Tesla contact, or phone the Gallery Support Team at 510-249-3100.
Yes just got the VIN a few hours ago and I’ve heard that they won’t even ship the car over until final payment.

Conflicting signals, for sure. I was told the same, then received a request to schedule my delivery date and time, which I did. Then I received a text from my delivery location, asking for proof of insurance, which I provided.
...no further request for payment of any kind...