Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Final payment, can't get Plaid to reliably work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So in a couple of days I'm flying out of state to pick up a new MYLR (thanks waitingfortesla!). I've been texting the SA and he said most people pay by Plaid while in the store on their delivery day. I've been trying to link my Bank of America account to Plaid in the Tesla app, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it says something about a server error and to try again later, other times Bank of America says it had a problem authenticating me.

If I have these problems in store, I assume I can log onto my Bank of America account and do a wire transfer instead, right? I'll have my laptop with me, and it should be instant, correct? Worst case I guess I could also take a cab to a Bank of America and get a cashier's check.

Just a little nervous I'm going to screw something up since I'm having to fly down there and all.

I had a similar issue, but it was due to the fact that my credit union was not available thru plad. In the Tesla app, it gave me the option to withdraw using ACH instead and it was just as easy. See if you can skip plad and go the ACH route.
I did the same thing. Skipped the plaid and set up ACH manually on the Tesla App.....very easy to do and no need to worry about Plaid accessing your bank account info.

Reactions: Abraham
How did you get the ACH option. The app wouldn’t give me that so I got a cashiers check. Now way was I going to give Tesla the right to know and keep my banking information. Even when you opt out they have the right to keep all the data before that day.

How did you get the ACH option. The app wouldn’t give me that so I got a cashiers check. Now way was I going to give Tesla the right to know and keep my banking information. Even when you opt out they have the right to keep all the data before that day.
Technically, it's not Tesla that gets that info, it's Plaid, which is a third-party app. But I agree with the sentiment, I went with cashier's check.

I did it the day before I was picking up the car, but as soon as I added the ACH on the app, it gave me a green checkmark that the payment was complete.
After you try to add a bank, on the screen where you select a bank, scroll to the very top and look for search bar. In the search bar, put in "random" letters such as ZZZZZZZ, now the system won't find any bank with those random letters and it will give prompt you to manually add ACH info.....now you can add your ACH.

Hope this helps and works for you.......that is how I did mine.