Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Final Payment Debit ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who has done this already do you know how this works? I'm pretty sure there is a limits on debit cards any issue with making a big payment ? can you pay tesla with a bank draft or with debit at tesla store ? its not really clear how the payment will be processed specially if you decide to pay the whole balance. I would appreciate any information.

For those who has done this already do you know how this works? I'm pretty sure there is a limits on debit cards any issue with making a big payment ? can you pay tesla with a bank draft or with debit at tesla store ? its not really clear how the payment will be processed specially if you decide to pay the whole balance. I would appreciate any information.

I will do a bank draft which is equivalent to cashier’s check in US words.

Below is from my delivery notice.

1. Payment can be made either by cashier’s check or electronic payment via your Tesla account. Payment is due upon or prior to delivery.

2. If your financial institution will be remitting payment via wire transfer or by mailing a cashier’s check – please ensure the funds are sent at least three business days prior to your delivery date. This will help ensure the funds have been received by Tesla in time for your schedule delivery.

3. Please note: Vehicles cannot be delivered until funds are received by Tesla”

When you arrive at the delivery center you can do an ACH after you inspect your vehicle. I did it this way and the Tesla Rep brought out an Ipad that was setup for the ACH. And ACH is pretty much the same thing as using your Debit Card.

When you arrive at the delivery center you can do an ACH after you inspect your vehicle. I did it this way and the Tesla Rep brought out an Ipad that was setup for the ACH. And ACH is pretty much the same thing as using your Debit Card.

did you have to call your bank to remove a daily limit on your card ?

@clmason shows that he's in San Diego. The payment options are different in the USA compared to Canada. Tesla told me the following in email when scheduling my delivery

"You are paying for your Model 3 via Tesla Financing:

1. Payment for any amount not covered by Tesla financing can be made either by cashier’s check or electronic payment via your Tesla account. Payment is due upon or prior to delivery."

I don't see an option in my account for electronic payment, not yet at least. But I'll be paying via a bank draft since I don't want to pay them until I see the car.

• Informative
Reactions: McCaesar
I had asked both my ISA and Finance person about paying using credit card.

This is my what ISA said "It’s best to bring a certified cheque or bank draft to cover this amount."

The Financing person said "For the remaining balance due, the bank does require a certified check made payable to Tesla, Inc. We unfortunately cannot accept credit or debit card for the balance."

• Informative
Reactions: McCaesar