TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Final Roadster #2500 - build book

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Mark77a, Apr 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mark77a

Mark77a Member

I just found this build book at Tesla West Drayton (UK)
    it charts the build of Final Roadster #2500 <<PHOTOS>>

preview:
    Capture.JPG

I wonder if anyone (TEG ?) know where this fully signed and documented car ended up ?

2. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

Preview, meaning maybe a reprint has been ordered?
    --

3. supersnoop

supersnoop Tesla Roadster #334

I guess I'm confused. I thought there were only about 2,400 of these built. Tesla did order 2,500 "rollers" from Lotus, but I thought they ended that contract a little short.

Also, European VIN's started over with the sequence number, so the last VIN shouldn't actually end with 2500. I can't tell if that first picture is photoshopped, but the font is different on the last four digits.

4. DeedWest

DeedWest 2010 Roadster 2.0 - VIN 523

In theory, you're correct. What it looks like they did here, which they've done in the past, like with @vfx's VIN 500, is assign a custom VIN. In this case, it's to commemorate the final Roadster.

Apart from that, holy crap. What a beautiful Roadster. Thank you, @Mark77a, for sharing these beautiful photographs. Look at that Premium Black / White Rally One interior with the matching head restraint!!! That is one AWESOME interior.:)

5. Roadster

Roadster Member

@Mark77a, thx indeed for sharing those photos! That signed ESS and motor both belong in a museum; if not the entire car itself as well. Does anyone know where it ended up? Also, did West Drayton have any more of those books available? If so, I'd love to purchase one as I'm sure a number of others would.

6. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Nice book, I wouldn't mind a copy if they do sell them.

By more to the point, what is a Roadster owner doing in West Drayton? ;)

7. Mark77a

Mark77a Member

#7 Mark77a, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    Getting 32amps, and a few chats .. that's all :) , also following you, supped 60A at Marriott Slough, even a free 30 mins is useful for a
    faster ride back to D'orset :)

And nope book is not for sale - it is just in the glass case with loads of Tesla Product awards ... so I read it while on charge, with a nice cup of tea and some damn fine company :)

IMG_20170410_133946398.jpg

8. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Did you pay for the charging at Slough? I noticed the door was unlocked but I gave them a tenner anyhow. Never used it before but I wanted them to know it's still a valuable resource (particularly with Fleet offline).

9. Mark77a

Mark77a Member

No .. cheekily I just charged .. for 10 mins, The door was open the hinges kinda wouldn't let it fully close, and the lock looked rusty. Next time I'll bring some Oil !
    BUT the Tesla (roadster only) charger was perfect...
    IMG_20170410_144107794_HDR.jpg IMG_20170410_144126197_HDR.jpg IMG_20170410_145305643.jpg

10. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

There was a comment on plugshare that the hotel management claimed it was hardly used. That's why I tweeted them and paid up. Maybe blank your plate and tweet them too...