Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finalize or not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently I am coming up against the January 1rst deadline. While I do not mind being a beta tester for small engineering gremlins and omissions (except parking sensors), large ones such as fogging, 12v problems, and charging malfunctions are a serious concern. Anything that turns the car into a very expensive paper weight is a real issue.

I believe that Tesla will work diligently to address these "bugs" and a Model S six months from now will be a more refined car. Please do not mistake this post for bashing. I have definitely drunk the Kool Aid. I am just wondering if a little delayed gratification now will save a lot of frustration.

For those that have taken delivery, any regrets not waiting?:confused:

If you are serious about buying the car, then by all means finalize and become a happy Model S owner like many of us. But if you are just wanting to hold a place in line in the hopes that the owner feedback will confirm the car is completely trouble free, then you will never get that warm and fuzzy feeling. I have owned my Model S for a week. Not long enough to give a fair opinion, but this is one amazing car. I would purchase it again in a heartbeat. Even though I am fully expecting to encounter some quirks - nothing yet.

However, I'm hoping that after January 1st, Tesla can focus more on the "due bill" items. In my case, J1772 adapter, and parcel shelf.

retinadoc

Where in Westchester are you? Yonkers/Bronxville here. Clicked the finalize button as soon as I got the email.
What's your reservation number and stats of the car you ordered?

Aaron