Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally a center console!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased my 2015 P85D about a month ago and I love it! So far, best car I have ever owned. I have been doing all sorts of little mods here and there. As we speak the car is in the shop getting all the wheels, including the spare, power coated gray. I pick it up Saturday, will post pics when I get it back.

One of the things I have been wanting was an OEM center console. All I have now is the open area between the seats, which I believe is called the "yacht floor". I've searched EVERYWHERE for this console. Including various websites, ebay, craigslist, and the parts section here. I lost out on a couple by not pulling the trigger fast enough. Finally I found one on ebay this morning and bought it right away. It's off a left hand drive, S75 in Lithuania.

A couple questions. First, I asked the seller, if it would fit my car, he said yes. Is that right?

Second, do I need anything else to put this my car? Are there any side panels or something that I have to get? Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Also I just noticed, as I was uploading pics for this post, that one of the pics says "Tesla Model X Console Assembly" Did I just buy the wrong console eventhough I told the seller what I had and he confirmed it would fit?

Here is some pics of the one I bought.

s-l1602.jpg
s-l1603.jpg
s-l1604.jpg
s-l1605.jpg
s-l1606.jpg

There is no Tesla presence near Lithuania. But a lot of Model Ss have been stolen in Western Europe and supposedly shipped to chop shops in the former Eastern block. I would check this seller and the serial number of the part matching which VIN if I were you. I'm not accusing them of anything but it is worth checking, just to be on the safe side.
upload_2018-11-29_10-8-59.png

There is no Tesla presence near Lithuania. But a lot of Model Ss have been stolen in Western Europe and supposedly shipped to chop shops in the former Eastern block. I would check this seller and the serial number of the part matching which VIN if I were you. I'm not accusing them of anything but it is worth checking, just to be on the safe side.
View attachment 356376

They are selling parts for different cars with ebay's money back guarantee.

How can I check the serial number against a vin?

Don't know but ask Tesla. They probably have a database with all stolen cars and their parts. The harder it is to get away with the safer we will all be

That sounds like the right thing to do. Honestly though, I can hardly get anyone from Tesla to answer simple questions I've sent them. The thought that there will be someone there who I can get to cross reference this stuff for me is highly unlikely.

One of the things I have been wanting was an OEM center console. [...]
A couple questions. First, I asked the seller, if it would fit my car, he said yes. Is that right?

Second, do I need anything else to put this my car? Are there any side panels or something that I have to get? Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

There should be a pair of side panels - the ones for the premium center console are higher than the ones that are included with the yacht floor.

Also there should be 2 pairs of curved dividers inside the console (they form 2 cupholders inside), plus you might want to check if it includes the phone charging cable.

for reference I found a couple old pics (not mine) in the forums of the parts for this gen console in this thread

^^^

How? Can you share pictures, ideas? I have a friend with a 2015 S with the yacht floor and he loves my center console but even the aftermarket ones are like $600.
Modifications
I quite literally made this from scratch. It just drops in. Started with plywood braced with timber sections and then laminated to match the interior trim i made (see earlier mods in this thread). I did have it professionally upholstered to match the existing stitch pattern and vinyl color supplied by Tesla. Wood turning/woodwork is a hobby of mine. I have a very well equipped home workshop, but the console required multiple trips to and from the car to execute. I live in a multi-storey home and my work shop is 3 stories away from my car. I got really good exercise during this process!!!
The tambour door required research on the net, but it works well and does the job!

Modifications
I quite literally made this from scratch. It just drops in. Started with plywood braced with timber sections and then laminated to match the interior trim i made (see earlier mods in this thread). I did have it professionally upholstered to match the existing stitch pattern and vinyl color supplied by Tesla. Wood turning/woodwork is a hobby of mine. I have a very well equipped home workshop, but the console required multiple trips to and from the car to execute. I live in a multi-storey home and my work shop is 3 stories away from my car. I got really good exercise during this process!!!
The tambour door required research on the net, but it works well and does the job!

So the question is...how much for another one :)