Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello TMC!

At Skyline, we have been hard at work designing and testing cool new accessories for the Tesla community! Last year, we introduced our Case-friendly Phone Dock for Model 3, and the feedback has been clear: Model 3 owners love it! Customers who have reviewed their purchase have called it “a must have”, “the best accessory for Model 3”, and that the car “Should have came with this from the factory”. We are glad you’re enjoying it, and we hope you will continue to check up on us as we introduce more products!

We love creating useful new products that improve the experience you have with your car every day. We decided to focus our attention on an area that was a bit lacking in the Model 3 interior: a place to store your sunglasses. The only decent options were to sacrifice the cup-holder space, or to store them in the center bin. We didn’t want to give up our cup-holders, and digging around for items in the center bin was awkward and distracting while driving.

Our usual design process involves several concepts and prototypes, but we took that to a new level with this project. Over a span of 6 months, we created and tested over 3 dozen different designs! The design goals were to create a convenient mounting solution that would work with all eyewear frames. We placed extra emphasis on a mounting location that could easily be reached while driving. The product had to install quickly and effortlessly, and be fully removable without damaging the console. Lastly, it had to be custom made specifically to the Model 3 interior, and look as though it were a factory installed part.

View attachment 417889

We decided on a design that places the glasses on the undersize of the console lid. This location proved to be easy to reach while driving, and still allows the console lid to close and protect your shades. By far, the most difficult design challenge was to create a part that would securely hold nearly all frame shapes and sizes. A unique spring loaded wedge design was the key to a truly universal solution, providing force to hold your frames while also creating support for the nose bridge. The mount is secured to the Model 3 console lid with durable 3M adhesive tape, which can easily be removed without damage or residue (just apply light heat).

View attachment 417893

View attachment 417897

View attachment 417898
View attachment 417899

Check out the videos below to see it in action!

The Model 3 Sunglasses Mount is in stock and available now! Be sure to check out some of the reviews from our early beta testers – we appreciate all of the feedback from the community, and we use this to create better products for everyone.

The Tesla Motors Club Community can save an additional 5% by using coupon code SAVE5TMC

Click here to order!

If this all sounds interesting, check out our other Tesla Products, and sign up for our email list to receive updates on your new product development!

Hi. I want to use this discount however the website will only allow Apple Pay to be selected before the option to apply the discount.

Another option:
Glasses Tray for Tesla Model 3 by TickTock
Not as convenient to reach as the Skyline product but it works. I keep a box of tissues in my center console - why I didn't like the organizer solutions similar to the one @Zenov listed. @skyline, does your solution clear a box of tissues when closed.
Sure! ... yes, it should fit. I guess it all depends how you place the box of tissues. One thing we can guarantee is 100% customer satisfaction so if you're not satisfied with your purchase just shoot us an email!

Lol

They are on my face 99.9% of the time or are put in the armrest
I understand some people may want/need something like this, but I'm with you on this one. If it's sunny enough to require sunglasses to drive, I'll still need them on my face when I exit my car once I reach my destination. If my destination is home, I'll take my sunglasses inside the house because the next time I go outside, I may need them in the backyard or if I go out for a walk or if my next car trip is with my wife in her vehicle. I don't want to have to go back into my car to retrieve them.

I understand some people may want/need something like this, but I'm with you on this one. If it's sunny enough to require sunglasses to drive, I'll still need them on my face when I exit my car once I reach my destination. If my destination is home, I'll take my sunglasses inside the house because the next time I go outside, I may need them in the backyard or if I go out for a walk or if my next car trip is with my wife in her vehicle. I don't want to have to go back into my car to retrieve them.

This is how I lose expensive sunglasses. I generally have car sunglasses and then house sunglasses. The car sunglasses always live in the car. I also don’t want my glasses sitting out in a tray with other stuff as they can be easily scratched. Maybe I should buy cheaper glasses ha.

• Informative
Reactions: skyline
I anyone gets the opportunity, please see if this would fit behind the rear view mirror. Spouse has issues with me getting to my glasses when they are in the front compartment because it hits is leg. I have a collapsing ring stuck to the back of the screen but that does not work well when I drive (and it is a bit noisy if you accelerate quickly == Wattson IS MY car after all!).

Reactions: skyline
Sure! ... yes, it should fit. I guess it all depends how you place the box of tissues. One thing we can guarantee is 100% customer satisfaction so if you're not satisfied with your purchase just shoot us an email!
I anyone gets the opportunity, please see if this would fit behind the rear view mirror. Spouse has issues with me getting to my glasses when they are in the front compartment because it hits is leg. I have a collapsing ring stuck to the back of the screen but that does not work well when I drive (and it is a bit noisy if you accelerate quickly == Wattson IS MY car after all!).

Just shoot us an email. [email protected] and we'll work together to answer your question ;)

• Love
Reactions: DWhatley