Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, I've had my P3D for almost a year. Sunglass placement is one of my very few gripes. I've got a nice lined 3D-printed tray in this location, but:

1. EVERY time I come back to my 3 and see the Sentry Mode events detected notification, I can't not pull my flash drive to review footage before I leave. This tray is a PITA to remove so frequently so I can access my flash drive. Maybe Tesla will give us a Sentry Mode video review function one day, but until then I'm frequently pulling my flash drive, not to mention using the valuable storage below.

2. The tray traps a sizable amount of heat below from my (minimalist) USB hub and 2 flash drives. The hub is mostly to blame, but heat from electrical components is a natural (and obvious) aggravation.

Had this product in my cart for several weeks now...and I'm clicking through to make the purchase. Thanks for making it available, I think (hope) it will make that one thing, dramatically better.

I hope it ships quickly!

Last edited:
Reactions: skyline
Ok, I've had my P3D for almost a year. Sunglass placement is one of my very few gripes. I've got a nice lined 3D-printed tray in this location, but:

1. EVERY time I come back to my 3 and see the Sentry Mode events detected notification, I can't not pull my flash drive to review footage before I leave. This tray is a PITA to remove so frequently so I can access my flash drive. Maybe Tesla will give us a Sentry Mode video review function one day, but until then I'm frequently pulling my flash drive, not to mention using the valuable storage below.

2. The tray traps a sizable amount of heat below from my (minimalist) USB hub and 2 flash drives. The hub is mostly to blame, but heat from electrical components are a natural (and obvious) aggravation.

Had this product in my cart for several weeks now...and I'm clicking through to make the purchase. Thanks for making it available, I think (hope) it will make that one thing, dramatically better.

I hope it ships quickly!

Hey thanks for the feedback! We'll get the product out to you ASAP please let us know what you think. And should you have any other questions don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Hey thanks for the feedback! We'll get the product out to you ASAP please let us know what you think. And should you have any other questions don't hesitate to reach out to us!

I received the sunglasses holder today (yay!), and was pretty disappointed to find that it won't accommodate my sunglasses (boo!). The opening is too narrow for the folded temples (just learned that term, haha --- the part of the sunglasses that fold and you slide into the holder). If the opening was like another 5mm wider, it could accommodate more than just thinner frame (i.e. wire or flat) types of sunglasses and the tensioner could make up for gaps and keep things secure.

This is a real bummer...been looking forward to ditching that tray, but alas this device will not work for me. I've requested a refund through the support email.

• Informative
Reactions: skyline
I received the sunglasses holder today (yay!), and was pretty disappointed to find that it won't accommodate my sunglasses (boo!). The opening is too narrow for the folded temples (just learned that term, haha --- the part of the sunglasses that fold and you slide into the holder). If the opening was like another 5mm wider, it could accommodate more than just thinner frame (i.e. wire or flat) types of sunglasses and the tensioner could make up for gaps and keep things secure.

This is a real bummer...been looking forward to ditching that tray, but alas this device will not work for me. I've requested a refund through the support email.

Hi, we make every effort to design a solution to fit a wide variety of glasses but there are countless different sizes so there might be a rare scenario where they may not fit. In this case we have no problem issuing a full refund for complete customer satisfaction. We'll send you a message. Also, we enjoy making our products even better so let's work together to create a solution that will work! Thank you.

Hi, we make every effort to design a solution to fit a wide variety of glasses but there are countless different sizes so there might be a rare scenario where they may not fit. In this case we have no problem issuing a full refund for complete customer satisfaction. We'll send you a message. Also, we enjoy making our products even better so let's work together to create a solution that will work! Thank you.

Hi, and thanks for the quick response. I'd love to see you improve this product, so I've sent you photos that you may find helpful. Please let me know if I can further assist in any way. I'd love to have something like this that would work for a broader range of sunglasses.

@skyline I finally got my hands on your prototype you sent me (sorry I've been out of town, but you revised and sent it quickly!). Excellent improvement, should improve compatibility by a lot. I sent you more info and pics with a couple of comments I hope you can use to dial in this new design.

Edit: Forgot to add, it's a swift and easy in and out, and I already appreciate using this prototype holder over the 3D printed tray. Does not restrict use of or access to storage and USB ports below.

Last edited:
@skyline I finally got my hands on your prototype you sent me (sorry I've been out of town, but you revised and sent it quickly!). Excellent improvement, should improve compatibility by a lot. I sent you more info and pics with a couple of comments I hope you can use to dial in this new design.

Edit: Forgot to add, it's a swift and easy in and out, and I already appreciate using this prototype holder over the 3D printed tray. Does not restrict use of or access to storage and USB ports below.

Pleasure working with you! We like to go above and beyond for customer satisfaction!

I bought it because it covers 2 major factors—it’s hidden unlike sunshade clips (less temptation for a would-be thief to break in if your sunglasses aren’t out in the open), and it doesn’t prevent easy access to the data ports and bottom of the storage bin like the tray solution. Also, I’m pretty insensitive to price differences at this range.

However, I’m allowed to have the opinion that it’s wildly over priced for what it is, and recognize that other people might be more price sensitive. If a Chinese company rips off the design and charges less, I’d recommend it in a second (probably... I haven’t gotten the clip yet, hopefully it’s works as well as advertised), but right now these guys are the only shop in town.

It’s not blind rudeness. It’s thought out.

The 'prototype' you guys sent me for a larger opening to accommodate non-wire frame sunglasses has failed as of 3 days ago. The spring popped out and cannot be found, and the hinge now has issues staying in place (due to the lack of tension) so it's not really functional any more.

Initially you hinted to me that you would follow up with a production quality version after getting my feedback, and I would gladly purchase again, but my email back to you (expressing my satisfaction and willingness to purchase the updated production level version) had gone unanswered (since July 30, 2019). Perhaps it was an oversight, so I thought I might post here in hopes that you might see.

Was the design ever updated? I really find this product useful, but given the fact that I only had a prototype, I'm guessing I wouldn't have expected much life out of the item I have.

The 'prototype' you guys sent me for a larger opening to accommodate non-wire frame sunglasses has failed as of 3 days ago. The spring popped out and cannot be found, and the hinge now has issues staying in place (due to the lack of tension) so it's not really functional any more.

Initially you hinted to me that you would follow up with a production quality version after getting my feedback, and I would gladly purchase again, but my email back to you (expressing my satisfaction and willingness to purchase the updated production level version) had gone unanswered (since July 30, 2019). Perhaps it was an oversight, so I thought I might post here in hopes that you might see.

Was the design ever updated? I really find this product useful, but given the fact that I only had a prototype, I'm guessing I wouldn't have expected much life out of the item I have.

Please shoot us an email [email protected] and we’ll take care of this...