TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Finally a state that get's it - anti ICE'ing law

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by TomServo, Aug 16, 2015.

1. TomServo

TomServo Member

2. BerTX

BerTX Member

That's good, but I'm surprised it doesn't require that the ev be hooked up to the charger...

3. Larry93428

Larry93428 Member

Great news and real progress for the EVs!
    Lets hope other states follow soon.
    ~Larry

4. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

Good start imo...should throw in a few hundred hours of community service work to be performed as well...

5. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

#5 NigelM, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    Congrats. We've had a law in FL for a couple of years now and I believe that WA also has such a law since some time back.

- - - Updated - - -

Many of us lobbied in FL for the law to state that the vehicle must be capable of being charged, but need not be in the process of charging or necessarily plugged in. The reason for this is that you don't want to get a ticket because Parking Enforcement came by 2 mins after your car finished charging, or if someone unplugged your car for any reason. In my local experience most EV owners are polite enough to move their cars as soon as they can once charging is complete.

6. joer00

joer00 Member

Sorry, but I had a few occasions already here in Florida where Priuses and Volts block the spot without charging.

This is almost unsolvable. The only solution which would work is a combined charger/parking meter which charges 100 $ per hour x minutes after charge is complete.

7. BerTX

BerTX Member

So if it's a charging space taken by a non-electric, we call it ICEd -- what is it called if it's an EV (or pseudo-EV) that isn't charging, just parked? We need a cutesy moniker...

8. shelbri

shelbri Member

EVil'd - only an inconsiderate person would do that.