Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally, a true test for P90DL vs P85D vs P85+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which store told you this? The Mission Viejo, CA and Costa Mesa stores, as well as NA Corporate Sales all confirmed with 100% certainty that Ludicrous could NOT be added after the fact for a P90D.

You should absolutely get this in writing before your order confirms.

+1. Either something changed or the sales person you spoke with is incorrect. Get it in writing.

This would be a good argument if interest rates weren't near 0%.

Musk is a smart man. There are many long term investments that will bring 2.5% or more on your money. There were at least 5,000 cars that put down $40,000 for a total of $200,000,000. That's $5,000,000 per year for two years. I'd take it. That doesn't include the other 35,000 or so orders that put down $5,000. You do the math. Also collected $2,500 on all cars sold in the past year for Auto-Pilot that wasn't delivered until just a couple of weeks ago. Somewhere around 50,000 cars sold this year. etc, etc.... It all adds up. And I'm certain Musk earns more than 2.5% on his money.

I think the lesson to be learned here is that Tesla needs to under promise. I could have told them that back in 1999, when I got a free new polished intake manifold and free flow exhaust for my 1999 Mustang Cobra as part of a recall because it didn't make the advertised performance, even though the difference with and without was negligible.

Take a car, lets say it can do 0-60 in 3.2 reliably. Some builds might do 3.0, almost all do 3.2, and a few low performers do 3.4. Advertise it as 3.0 or 3.4 0-60, and I bet sales are pretty much the same. The only difference is, if you advertise 3.0, everyone is pissed off calling for recalls, advertise 3.4 and everyone is super happy as most are faster than advertised.

Hopefully Tesla learns.

Ah... I see the problem here. You failed to wait for the 2004 Terminator Cobra. Heh.

Perhaps we are learning that all 90 KW-Hr packs have uprated contractors and fuses???

We've actually known this for a while, though as some have pointed out, the fact that Tesla is currently producing the batteries this way is no guarantee that they will continue producing them this way. (Details, including photos, in the following thread.)

P90D Insane Questions