Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally a Wider Release of FSD Beta | TMC Podcast #21

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

We covered the recent wide release of FSD Beta and shared our experiences. We also discussed the best times to charge and Tesla's official CCS adapter.

Topics-
0:00 Intro
1:17 We finally got da Beta!
4:31 FSD Beta personal experiences
44:41 When's the best time to charge?
57:39 CCS Adaptapalooza
1:08:05 AI Day Preview

Co-hosts-
Louis: nebusoft
Mike: SteelClouds

Producers-
Adam: ElectricAve84
James: scrapps
Joshua: NoGasNoBrakes
Doug: doug
Daniel: danny

Social-
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TeslaMotorsClub
Facebook: Tesla Motors Club
Instagram: Tesla Motors Club (@teslamotorsclubofficial) • Instagram photos and videos
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/teslamotorsclub

Audio versions-
Apple Podcasts: ‎‎Tesla Motors Club Podcast on Apple Podcasts
Spotify: Tesla Motors Club Podcast
Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/38bacc87-f8b7-4f5c-aa64-2db865214942
TuneIn: Listen to Tesla Motors Club Podcast on TuneIn
RSS: https://feeds.buzzsprout.com/1950101.rss

Support us-
PayPal: Pay Tesla Motors Club LLC using PayPal.Me
TeslaMotorsClub website: Account upgrades

TMC Podcast #18 Thumbnail.png

For the show on 9/25 would like to know why FSD Beta has still not been received. In California, own 2017 MX 100D and 2018 Performance M3, purchased FSD for both in 2018. Advance update active for FSD since feature available and both have safety score >90%. Why no FSD Beta? Story that all FSD owners in USA & CA with >80% safety score are getting the Beta as of 9/20 must be false. What is the true story?

Reactions: danny
For the show on 9/25 would like to know why FSD Beta has still not been received. In California, own 2017 MX 100D and 2018 Performance M3, purchased FSD for both in 2018. Advance update active for FSD since feature available and both have safety score >90%. Why no FSD Beta? Story that all FSD owners in USA & CA with >80% safety score are getting the Beta as of 9/20 must be false. What is the true story?
IIRC those cars were delivered with HW2.5. Did you later get the HW3 board installed by mobile service?

Reactions: MX100DM3P2017
IIRC those cars were delivered with HW2.5. Did you later get the HW3 board installed by mobile service?
Yes, both were updated to HW3. Still no update received. 2018 Performance M3 was updated to HW3 at Service Center, January 20, 2020. 2017 MX 100D was updated to HW3 and Intel MCU at Service Center on June 18, 2020.

Last edited:
Yes, both were updated to HW3. Still no update received. 2018 Performance M3 was updated to HW3 at Service Center, January 20, 2020. 2017 MX 100D was updated to HW3 and Intel MCU at Service Center on June 18, 2020.
Doug, great show today. Thank you for covering FSD Beta not being received for some of us. After watching your show today, I checked the Tesla app for miles of Autopilot driven (I had no idea that you needed to click the ! for those details). You advised today that you need to have 100+ miles of autopilot driven for the running 30 days. I had driven 1000s of Navigate on autopilot miles but not within the last 30days. I just drove 116miles of autopilot in my Performance M3 but still no beta update offered. Probably locked out until the next window. There is no excuse for the way Tesla is treating customers like me that purchased FSD years ago. How hard would it be to send us an email or message within the service area of the app? We will see what happens by the end of this year.

Reactions: doug
Good news, 2018 Performance M3 received the FSD Beta today with software v2022.20.17. 5-years and 4-days after initial delivery that included FSD. Making progress. Thank you again for such great coverage of this issue. Next week my 2017 MX 100D needs to go into Service Center for wheel alignment, round trip is about 100 miles so I will make sure I use Navigate on Auto Pilot to get the mileage needed for FSD Beta.

Last edited by a moderator:
We received the FSD Beta as well this week. Not ready for prime time at all in my opinion. It is very cool to see what it can do but way too many interventions to avoid collisions to make me comfortable. Making left turns is a harrowing experience. My wife won't ride in the car with me if FSD is active!

Good news, 2018 Performance M3 received the FSD Beta today with software v2022.20.17. 5-years and 4-days after initial delivery that included FSD. Making progress. Thank you again for such great coverage of this issue. Next week my 2017 MX 100D needs to go into Service Center for wheel alignment, round trip is about 100 miles so I will make sure I use Navigate on Auto Pilot to get the mileage needed for FSD Beta.
Today's update: Drove 2017 MX 100D on autopilot, round trip to and from Service Center for wheel alignment. When I got home, MX safety score was 90 (I always got the worse scores while using Navigate on Autopilot which makes no sense.) and miles driven on Autopilot 146 miles. I did not get the FSD Beta (2022.20.17) I was expecting. Instead, the MX downloaded and installed 2022.28.2. I guess no FSD Beta for my MX.