TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Finally Buying (Inventory Car) - options for a pro interior/exterior cleaning in MD?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by jskenney, Jun 18, 2014.

1. jskenney

jskenney Happy Member

After over a year of debating, I have finally purchased a Model S (A white S60, Tan Leather, Pano Roof, Tech, Smart Suspension, Parking, Upgraded sound, and Super Chargers). I went with an inventory car because the savings were AMAZING (and I still get Tax discounts), and should take delivery next week (and it had all of the options I wanted (although I would have skipped the suspension).

I am making the assumption that I will want the inside and outside professionally detailed, because with amazing savings I can safely assume many people had this as a loaner.

Any recommendations for someone with an inventory car around Maryland (I've seen a few threads about detailing), but I assume this one might need a bit more love.

Thanks for the assist!

2. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

I've used Total Recon Auto Salon a couple of times; the Tesla Rockville service center suggested them when I asked--they use(d?) them. I just get the basic detail; I've been happy with it. They made some scuffs (that I really should get repaired) difficult to see until you get close, which was a nice surprise, as they were noticeable from a ways off, before.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. Congrats on the new car! :-D I'd expect/hope Tesla will deliver it detailed, BTW.

3. jskenney

jskenney Happy Member

Thanks for the recommendation! I really hope it arrives perfect, but I have always been a bit disappointed with dealer detailing of cars - I hope Tesla impresses here!

4. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

My inventory car with 8000 miles on it was delivered in essentially new condition. There was really no indication that the car had ever been driven. If I were you, I really wouldn't worry about it.

5. jskenney

jskenney Happy Member

Wow, you were absolutely right, the car arrived in absolutely perfect condition! The paint looked better on this car (with 4800 miles), than my last car (which was delivered with 1.2 miles)