TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Finally did it and ordered new Model S 70

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by PDFS, Mar 4, 2016.

1. PDFS

PDFS PDF's tesla

It took e along time to decide. I was originally going to wait for Model 3 but decided that with current tax credits and referral rebate I could afford a model s. I ordered and confirmed a Black Model S70 with Tan next gen seats and auto pilot. I did not purchase any other options. The only thing I might have changed was the headliner from the standard white to a black headliner but not willing to pay the cost of the premium interior option package. This is also the nicest car I will have ever owned. Previous cars are current Prius, and Expedition before that two mini vans and before that Ford Taurus and Ford Tempo. So no matter what I will feel pretty pampered in this car. Will probably buy service plan and extended warranty as I drive a lot of miles 110 per day. Delivery date is set for late March early April. So I am no longer the prospective owner but soon to be future owner.

My wife said to me the other day that in over 38 years of marriage other than birth of our kids she never has seen me so excited about anything :biggrin:

• Like x 1
  2. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

Congratulations ... you order the 2 options that matter most - Next Gen Seats and Autopilot!

3. Tellotes

Tellotes Member

Funny my wife looks at me and asks every time I am on my phone how the tesla forum is doing?

4. chriSharek

chriSharek Member

Congratulations! What state are you in? There may be additional state incentives too depending! Again, congrats!

5. PDFS

PDFS PDF's tesla

Illinois. Maybe one available if we ever get a budget

6. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester

Congrats. Now I guess you'll need to change your username. ☺

7. Evee

Evee Member

Congrats on your good judgement :). You will love this car for a long time.

8. PDFS

PDFS PDF's tesla

Received my VIN this morning and estimated delivery date. WHOO HOO:biggrin:. Oh no still have not found a contractor for charging outlet in my garage yet. :eek:

9. benfrank3

benfrank3 Member

Installing a NEMA 14-50 in your garage is easy... just make sure your connections are good. Enjoy the car, you're going to love it! You probably won't need the service contract..

10. Nirenk

Nirenk Member

Congratulations !!! I ordered a similar car 70D solid black with grey next gen seats. Got VIN assigned but still waiting for delivery date. I drive about 140 miles per day as well
    benfrank3, why would he not need service contract ?

• Funny x 1
  11. benfrank3

benfrank3 Member

The car is coming with a 4 year, 50k warranty with unlimited time and mileage warranty on the drivetrain. The fact is, there's not much to break or service. Given 4 years of white glove service, personally I don't think it's a worthy expense. I've owned 2 Model S's over the last 3 years and that's simply my opinion. Your mileage may vary...

12. Electricfan

Electricfan Member

You know you have to post delivery day pictures now that you've announced your order on the forum right? Looking forward to seeing that new car! :smile: